Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin

Last night we headed out to Mansfield for their holiday celebration. The main attraction for us was the snow hill. When we got there, we were informed that only 1 person can be in the tube, which meant Elliot had to fly solo. She usually likes slides, so I figured that she could handle this & I was right.

 She enjoyed herself. It was so cute to watch her come down. She had no expression on her face during the ride, but as soon as she slowed at the end she was smiling ear to ear. There were a couple of photo ops that we took advantage of. Here we are with the Grinch.
 Suprisingly she wasn't scared of him. As we were taking this picture I kept thinking of the segment on Ellen Degenerous, "What's Wrong With These Photos" photos. Usually people send in pictures of their kids hugging Disney characters & they're always grabbing onto something questionable. It's quite amusing. Well the Grinch must have seen the segment too because he politely crossed his hands in front of him. Probably keeps him out of trouble. Here's another picture of her on some gifts.
 After that we headed over to my church for the nativity. I should have taken more pictures because there were so many cool nativities to see, but I only took 1 that Lane wanted to send to his friend because she's from Nigeria.
All in all it was a great kickoff to the season. I can't wait to do more fun things!

6 comments:

Jami said...

Thanks for asking us to come. Your nieces would have loved it.

Christina Bassi said...

Wow, she was brave going down all by herself. Looks like you guys had a great time. I hope your race went well today.

Regina said...

She looks like such a big girl!! Glad y'all had fun.

Alys said...

That Grinch is scary. I think he would scare me.

the tatsaks said...

She really did do go good on the slope! I love the present pic!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

LOVE your jacket. where did you get it?