Monday, March 14, 2011

New Family Member Coming Soon!

We are pleased to announce that we will be adding a little one to our family around October 13th! I have to say that I was a little more excited this time around when I found out than with Elliot. Let me explain before you think that's a rude thing to say. This time we were kind of expecting it & now that I've already been through the whole process, I'm not as scared. I had my first doctor's appointment last Thursday. Since I have different insurance, I had to use a different OB than last time. Let me just say I am not pleased with him. He's 73 & not very personable. I would switch doctors, but I will only see him 2 more times before we move & it's just not worth the hassle of changing. He first rubbed me the wrong way when I got up to go back with Lane & Elliot & the nurse informed me that kids weren't allowed, so Lane had to sit in the waiting room the entire time with her. And he also informed me that I would not get a ultrasound until I was 18 weeks. What?! That is crazy to me. At that point I'll be able to find out if it's a boy or girl. I feel you should always do ultrasounds in the beginning to make sure everything is ok with the baby. Needless to say that I left the office very upset. But there is a little good news. I looked up an ultrasound clinic nearby & was able to pay $65 to get one. Totally worth it for peace of mind. Lane & Elliot were both allowed to come in with me too. They had a huge flat screen mounted on the wall & a nice comfy bed for me to lay in so I was in heaven. The baby looks great! I could totally see what everything was on the screen too so that was cool. I'll scan the pictures when I get access to a scanner in about a week. Anyway, that's what's new with us.

29 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!!!!

Brenden said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting!!! No ultrasound until 18 weeks?! I would be upset too! Glad you were able to get one anyway, though. Hope you're feeling well :)

Caitlin said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure he/she will be so adorable!

What a crazy doc! I would definitely have to find someone new. Having a baby is such a big thing, and I need someone I can trust and feel confident in.

Congrats again, I can't wait to see how things go!

Kashari said...

YEA!!!! We are going to be pregnant together!

Allison said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for all you!! That is wonderful news! It must be something in the water again as you are the 5th person I know having a baby in the Fall. Wherever you end up moving to we will definitely have to come up for a visit to meet the new member of your family once he/she arrives. That would be great if you end up in Dallas so you can have some help and good babysitters! :) I am sure that was something you considered when making the list.

I would be upset too about not having an ultrasound. I would of requested one or lied that I weren't feeling right. With both kids I had one on my 1st visit to check the baby out and to look for the heart beat. Thank goodness you can switch once you move!

Lady Harris said...

CONGRATS!! that is soo exciting!

Regina said...

You already know how excited I am!!! And I am thinking I know what Marianne's comment means....

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Congratulations :)

Bexie Funk said...

congrats! your doc didn't sound so great. finding a good ob is hard.

KT said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I'm sorry about your OB not being great. Hopefully you'll have better luck when you look for a new one.

Alys said...

I wish I got to see my ultrasound on a flat screen. That would make it much nicer. Were they able to give you a due date?

alan751 said...

Woo-Hoo!!!! What great news. Sure hope that you do go to Dallas so your mom and dad can help you out.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness!!! No way!!! How exciting!!! Congratulations! You totally hid it so well. Have you even been sick?

I am SOOOOO excited for you! Words can't even express. :)

Jami said...

The girls can't wait for a new cousin.

Debbie said...

awww jalei! yayyyyy!!!!!! congratulations! that's SUCH exciting news! great time to add another. your Dr sounds awful. that's the weirdest thing ever about not having an u/s until 18 weeks...what the heck?!?!

anyway, I hope you're feeling okay! glad you got an u/s on your own that the whole family could be at. :)

Diane said...

Yay!!! I'm guessing that's why you were sick on Sunday?? Congrats!

Jocelyn said...

Omigoodness, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so very happy for y'all!

And your doctor sounds like a huge jerk. Even if it's only for two visits, I would seriously think about changing.

So how do you feel? Tired... morning sickness... able to keep up with E?! Hopefully all is well.

the tatsaks said...

BEYOND excited!!!! Now when Thursday comes and we find out you are for sure coming here I will be even MORE excited!!!

Kelley and Addison said...

YEA!!!! So excited for you!!! i have already heard from several people the second one is much easier! that has to be true, right?? Congrats!

The Hickman Family said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! Too bad you couldn't go back to Dr. Jurney. I liked her a lot and the whole office was really nice. You have lot's of exciting things to look forward to!

Missy said...

Congrats, Jalei!! I'm so excited for you!

And seeing the pics with Elliot and how much adorable hair she has makes me wish Shelby's would grow in faster!!

I can't wait to see what you're having! My OB doesn't do the ultrasound for that until TWENTY WEEKS!

Brooke and Josh said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Lindsey said...

YAY YAY YAY and congrats!!! And the sonogram schedules always boggle my mind...my sister who has had three kids with different doctors was so surprised that I got an 8 week sonogram, but then my doctor only does an 8 week and a 20 week and none for the third trimester! Don't they know the more the merrier?? :) CONGRATS again! And I'm so glad I got to run into you in Houston!

Jade said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for ya'll!!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Congratulations Jalei!! What perfect timing with y'all coming back too.

Gwen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to see your new little one! I'm sure he or she will be beautiful.

Christina Bassi said...

What a pain. Lane had to sit outside with Elliot and you didn't get an ultrasound. I would of been upset too.

Mike*Eryn*Reece*Bronx*Olivine said...

Soo exciting! We're hoping to get prego in a few months! We'll see how it goes...