Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Digs

While we were up in Arlington, we decided to look around at rental houses. We drove all over Dallas and probably saw 30 different places & they were all dumps. Outdated, in bad neighborhoods, etc. Our budget doesn't really get you much. So we decided to expand our search to Bedford. That's about as close to our parents as we can be and still be close enough for Lane's work. Well we found one that we really liked. We started the application process, and after waiting almost a week, we heard back that we got it! What a relief it was to find that out. I wish I had some pictures, but they already took them off the realtor website. It's in an older established neighborhood. It's kind of an eye sore from the outside. The front yard is full of weeds, so we'll have to do some work there. It has a nice little back yard. The house isn't very attractive. It's white brick and in one spot there's a 6 ft wide column of black stone that goes from the ground to the roof. I don't know what the builders were thinking with that. BUT, despite those minor details, the inside is awesome. Everything has been updated. The walls are a nice neutral color. The bathrooms are really nice. Rooms are a good size with great closets. The master bedroom is really big. And my favorite part is the kitchen. There's lots of counter space & tons of cabinets! Finally I won't have pots & pans falling out. We are really pleased with this outcome. Trust me when I say that nothing else around in our budget compares with this place. It's really a miracle that we found it & got it. We move May 1st!

15 comments:

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Congrats:) Wow...that's a little over a month. Every one keeps leaving:( But I'm I so happy for y'all!!

Alys said...

Yay! That is great news! It will be nice to have a yard and space. Your apartment is so small that I know you can't wait for the extra room.

Mike*Eryn*Reece*Bronx*Olivine said...

I'm soo psyched you guys are going to be living up here! Yay! Congrats! And I can't wait to see the house :)

KT said...

Wow, that is so awesome you found a house!

Bexie Funk said...

how fun! that was my favorite thing about finding out, finally getting out of apartments/condos! congrats!

Regina said...

Yayyyyy! I am so glad you are in Bedford. I can't wait to see it in person and help you spruce it up!

Caitlin said...

I'm so excited for you guys! And slightly jealous too, if I'm bein' honest. ;-)

So glad you found somewhere to live. Knowing that you have a place to go to always makes the move part so much easier!

Jami said...

We're glad you found something so close. Can't wait to see it.

Jocelyn said...

Congrats! I bet you're excited to get out of an apartment and into a house! Plus you'll be super close to shopping, restaurants and probably some nice parks.

Lindsey said...

I'm dying to see pictures!! You'll have to take some as soon as you get there!

Debbie said...

congratulations!!!! that's such great news! i know you guys must be so relieved to have all that figured out. :)

Laura said...

I hear you! We are discovering the same thing. Our budget doesn't get us a very nice place. I'm hoping we have your same stoke of luck as far as finding a nice place inside our budget.

I'm so glad you got that place! I'm sure that is a huge relief to have all that figured out.

the tatsaks said...

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Jen-Jen said...

Wow!! Congratuilations! that's awesome! May 1st is so soon- we have got to get together before you guys move if at all possible!! I am so excited for yall :-)

The Whites said...

Congrats on the house! That will be soo nice to rent a house instead of an apartment. So much more space! We're actually moving to Keller, so we wont be too far.