Friday, May 20, 2011

Elliot Update

We took Elliot to see the Orthopedic doctor today. He put a full cast on her foot and also gave her a boot to put on top of it. She has to wear it for a full month. I was actually surprised. I figured he'd just take off the other cast & she would have to just stay off it until she felt better. The good thing is that it doesn't go above her knee like the other one did, so she can move around a lot easier. I can already tell a difference. She's dragging herself around & even pulling up on things to stand. So there's major improvement. I think/hope she'll start walking with the boot in the next few days. As bad as it sounds, I can't handle carrying her around all day every day. The bad news is that our plans are now ruined for getting a summer pass to our local kid pool. We were so looking forward to that. I'll be able to get it in July, but Lane will be back at work by then, so we won't get to go as a family. Oh well.
Here she is in her hot pink cast & removable boot. As weird as it sounds, it's actually pretty cute on her.

9 comments:

Jami said...

Could they actually see the breaks? Poor little thing.

Alys said...

I bet she looks really cute in the cast. Hopefully it all heals well.

Missy said...

The same exact thing happened to a friend of mine's kid. His foot got stuck on the slide going down with his dad. I think he was in a cast for a month, got it off then 3 months later broke the same leg doing the exact same thing! Glad Elliot is okay! I think the cast is adorable.

Allison said...

Poor thing! I'm surprised too, but I guess better safe than sorry. Did he say it was in fact a fracture? She picked the worst time of the year to have to wear a cast! :) At least you are not 9 months pregnant and having to carry her around!

Regina said...

She does look adorable in that little boot!

Gwen said...

Sorry about your summer plans. That stinks. At least her little pink boot is adorable! Hopefully, she will heal without further complications.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

awwwe poor thing:( I hope that she feels better!!!

KT said...

She does look super cute! That stinks she has to have it on for so long. What do you do about baths?

Debbie said...

poor girl. i've heard about that with slides on the playground! i read about it in a parents magazine a while back. poor girl. the cast is cute, though. ha. ;)