Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goodbye to a Dear Friend

Lane & I have been talking about selling the jeep for the past few months. Well actually, he brought it up. I wanted to keep it. It's paid off & in great condition. Plus it has lots of trunk space. Anyway, he posted it on Autotrader a while back & we got absolutely no interest. So we dropped the issue. Then the other day we went into Carmax to see what we could get for it. Their offer was a little too low for us, so again we kind of dropped it. Then Lane posted the Jeep again on some website. A lady called about it, came out & test drove it & ended up buying it...tear. It all happened so fast that I was in a state of shock afterwards. Now we have no car and we leave for Houston tomorrow with my parents. So we won't be able to look for another until Memorial Day. I'm so anxious about it. I hate being in this state of limbo. Not sure what kind of car we'll get. I just know that it will have better gas mileage than the Jeep.

5 comments:

Jen-Jen said...

aww sad day! you will love getting better gas mileage though! have fun this weekend and tell Lane we said Happy Graduation!! Memorial Day is the perfect time to look for a car because you can get great deals! Good Luck! I hope you find the perfect one!! :-)

Allison said...

Perfect timing though as some of the best sales for cars are Memorial Day weekend. Before we knew we were moving we almost bought a new SUV last Memorial Day....glad we didn't! I need a new car as mine is now 10 years old, but I just can't fathom adding another $500-700 a month to our already expensive bills. So, I guess I will drive it until the wheels fall off! See you tonight!

Regina said...

Oh my gosh!!! Sad!!! I will miss ours dearly when we trade it in, but we won't be getting something with better gas mileage....we will be getting something bigger!! I seriously love our Jeep!

Jami said...

That was fast.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

How fun!! I can't wait...till we can upgrade to a bigger SUV:) Good luck shopping around.