Friday, October 21, 2011

2 Weeks

Davis is doing so great. He is the sweetest little thing. He is a great sleeper during the day, too good of a sleeper if you ask me. I can never keep him awake. It's a different story at night. He has trouble going down. I don't know what it is, but as soon as we put him down after he's already asleep, he automatically wakes up. He is also a noisy sleeper. He's constantly grunting, but the weird thing is he only does it at night. During the day he doesn't make a peep. It's pretty annoying. And sometimes when he feeds in the middle of the night, he decides he's ready to wake up. Needless to say we've been losing sleep. Elliot was a great sleeper, so it's a bit of a shock. I'm thinking about changing up his schedule to feeding every 4 hours. That's what we did with Elliot and she did great.
I don't know if it's a boy thing, but I have never changed so many diapers in my life. I'm talking probably 20 a day. A lot of times, as soon as I change him, he goes again. It's a constant stream of pee and poop. Ugh.
I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but it really does't bother me too much. I just want to document his little habits. He had his 2 week check up today. He now weighs 8 pounds and is 21 inches. He's growing like a weed.

Elliot is so good with him. As I said before, she gives him kisses & pats his head. In the beginning, she would whine a lot, but now she's stopped that. She now will play more independently in her room which is great. She is also a fantastic helper. She's been so good. I honestly couldn't have asked for her to transition better.

3 comments:

Jami said...

He still looks so tiny.

Kashari said...

Easton is the same way, except he goes down pretty well at night. But he grunts a LOT at night, it is quite annoying.

The Hickman Family said...

So funny! That's sounds so much like Greyson! The quietest sleeper during the day and so loud at night. Nothing woke him up during the day, but at night he was such a light sleeper. It's funny how each kid has their own personality and habits =)