Friday, October 14, 2011

She Loves Him

You always wonder how your firstborn will react to the new baby in the house. Will they be possessive of you? Mean to the baby? Pretend they don't exist? Or will they love him? Fortunately for us, it's the last. At least so far it is. Every time Elliot interacts with Davis she will rub his head and give him a kiss. Tonight she even said I love you (so sweet)! I try to keep her involved by letting her help me with things. 

Instead of her taking things out on Davis, her way of acting out is to whine. Even though this drives me mad, at least she's not directing her displeasure towards her brother. We'll just have to find ways to reduce the whining.




11 comments:

Allison said...

So sweet!! Those pictures warm my heart and make me miss that phase so much. Landon was the same way at that age. He loved his "sissy" and was very good with her. We were so surprised and pleased. At least it lasted almost a full year! :)

Caitlin said...

I LOVE the Halloween jammies! I'm so happy they are getting along. I'm sure that makes your days so much nicer!

Jami said...

I'm glad they are getting along. Imogen was the same way, great to Lorelai, tantrums for me,

Bexie Funk said...

that's great! caroline wasn't too excited about either of her brothers coming home.

Regina said...

Awww, I have a picture just like that with both of them under the play mat! Don't blink!! It goes by so fast!!

Jocelyn said...

Very sweet... I'm glad she's adjusting well and loving her sweet baby brother!

Christina Bassi said...

Such sweet moments. Big sisters natually seem to be nurturing. I'm glad everything is going so smoothly.

the tatsaks said...

Love their pjs! So cute!

KT said...

Yay! I bet that is a relief that she is doing so well with him.

Alys said...

Halloween jammies, cute!
I hate the whining! Harrison does that too. For the most part he is pretty good with Ayla, but 4 months was when he started being mean intentionally. I think he is over it now. He likes to tickle her and blow on her tummy. And, roll over her too. But they are all out of love.

Lindsey said...

Awww yay--so cute that she loves him