Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful Easter we've had. I am so thankful for the Savior's atonement and resurrection, which allows me to live eternally with my family. We were asked to speak in church today. Talk about pressure! I told Lane, "What are they thinking? We aren't Easter material!" It turned out ok in the end. It gave me the opportunity to read several articles on the resurrection. My favorite excerpt came from a talk by Joseph B. Wirthlin. Take 3 minutes to watch this video. It will cause your heart to swell.

We actually celebrated Easter yesterday because Lane had to work today. We had his parents over and it was great to spend time with them. The night before Elliot dyed eggs. This was her first time and she was pretty excited.   



As I said before, we celebrated on Saturday. Here she is finding her Easter basket.



If you're wondering why she has an "F" tag on her bucket, I have no idea why. I swear it was an "E" when I picked it up. Somehow it changed into an "F". I tried to draw in the missing part, but the first thing she said, was "F!" Of course she had no idea why it was even there anyway.
 Davis checking out his bucket.

Hunting Easter eggs in the back yard. She was scared to go outside at first, because we told her the Easter bunny had hid her eggs. I guess she was afraid he would still be around. 

Now we're off to spend the day with my parents. I hope you enjoy your Easter!

7 comments:

Jami said...

Talking today probably wouldn't have been fun. Bro. Skousen spoke in our ward. I would not have wanted to be up there with him.

The kids look great in that last picture. Davis is really smiling great. Elliot looks like she enjoyed looking for eggs.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Davis is getting so big! I LOVE the pics in the 6 month post. He is so cute. And where did you get that gray and white chevron rug? I love it.

monica said...

So much fun! I love your chevron rug

The Hickman Family said...

Looks like you guys had a good Easter! That's funny, Jared had to speak in Sacrament too. They didn't ask me though, I must not be "Easter Material!"

Lindsey said...

Looks like y'all had a fun Easter! And the F is cracking me up...I was looking at thinking what letter is that...and then I just assumed it must be an E but that it was covered up partially or something. Too funny!! I love the puddle pics too, those are so cute!

Alys said...

Yes, speaking on Easter would be a little intimidating, but I am sure y'all did great. We get to speak at the end of this month. I need to start preparing.
Looks like Easter was fun for your kids.

Debbie said...

haha I noticed the F right away in that first picture with the baskets. that sucks and it's totally something I would have also done on accident. oh well...it's all the fun stuff inside the basket that matters! ;)