Saturday, July 14, 2012

Peach Festival

We headed out to the Peach Festival in Weatherford  today. It wasn't near as great as I had imagined. In my head it would be held in this wide open field with rows of buckets of peaches everywhere. Instead it was on the streets (which was fine), but there were barely any peaches. What's up with that? There were lots of craft vendors and your typical fair food. I really wanted to try anything peach related since that's what we were there for, but I was very disappointed. I went to try and buy peach ice cream 3 times and they were sold out all 3 times! I was very ticked. Then I stood in line for peach lemonade for 15 minutes only to find out that they were out. I was at my limit at that point. What kind of peach festival doesn't have more than one place to buy peach foods?! Anyway, we just thought they would be more prepared.

Elliot thought it was fun because she got to ride in this little train.

 This stupid kid photobombed our picture. Too bad because it was the better one of us.
This is what we came back with...peaches and peach salsa.

6 comments:

Jami said...

At least you got to do something new.

ChelseaSalomone said...

You look so cute in these pictures. I'm with you. I would imagine more peaches than the eye can take. Strange.

Alys said...

Too bad. Peach ice cream would have been so yummy on a hot day!

Bexie Funk said...

bummer. i wanted to go peach picking this summer but a hail storm ruined out favorite farms crop.

Debbie said...

haha, that's awful!!! what a ripoff! i would be so upset, too. funny because a friend posted on facebook that she was going to that and for a second I envisioned exactly what you thought you were going to. what a let down.

omg, I had to LOL about the kid ruining your picture. that's happened to us, too. mmmm...peach salsa. how was it??

Regina said...

I love peach salsa! ANd so funny about that kid photo bombing your pic!