Friday, August 15, 2008

Tales from Traveling

So we got to the airport at 8:30 this morning to fly to Boston. The lady at the check in counter took forever! I guess it doesn't matter if you choose your seats ahead of time because they give them away. What's the point of choosing? Then we head over to security & when Lane gives his boarding pass, his license is missing. The lady never gave it back to him. So he goes back & she says she doesn't have it. It's no where to be found. Then he goes back again & ends up getting behind the desk to look for his license because the lady is incompetent. Luckily he found it. The 1st leg of our travel was to Georgia. The flight went well. I was a little sad because Lane and I didn't get to sit next to each other. About an hour later, I look up and Lane is standing there and gives me this note that he had written. It totally made my trip that he was thoughtful enough to do something small that I would enjoy. Then the lady next to me starts to make fun of me for him passing notes. She's just jealous!


Once we landed in Georgia, we had a 4 hour layover (yuk!) which turned into a 6 hour layover (double yuk!). Finally, we got off the ground. I sat next to this interesting man who discovered that the plane didn't have a row 13. This seemed to fascinate him. When I told him that hotels also do that, he got really excited and started making a list of things to research about the number 13. Strange. Three of Lanes friends picked us up from the airport and we went to dinner at this great Thai restaurant. Tonight is has been raining, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better weather the rest of the weekend. Especially since most of the things we want to do are outside.

9 comments:

Jami said...

It may have been hard, but at least you didn't have to drive. I'm surprised that you didn't get seats next to each other though. I guess that with all the flight cancelations, the flights are fuller. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Debbie said...

awww, what a sweetie!!! the little things in life mean the world sometimes! have a good trip!! hopefully the way home is better than the way there! :)

Alyssa and Kevin said...

That is the sweetest letter Jalei. :) People on airplanes fascinate me. The ones that talk, the ones that don't... I love watching it with my eye for communication. It's so interesting.

I hope your trip goes better than the stupid airlines and their incompetence... well, even better than that!

Regina said...

You will have a great trip! That note is so sweet. I totally read it! Hehe.

Jami said...

You know that you can enlarge pictures, so everyone can read your note. Also I saw the picture of Winnie, I'm sure that Mom and Dad will let you have her.

Jaymie and Justin said...

Sorry about the bad airport experiences. Have you been to Boston before Jalei? If you haven't, you will love it. It is so clean and beautiful!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Yep,I totally read the note too. What a sweetie! Have fun in Boston! It was so good to see you!

the tatsaks said...

Hope you have a great rest of your trip...I heard Boston is awesome!

Christina Bassi said...

What a bummer the flight was so bad. Hopefully it will be better coming home. Can't wait to see pics of Boston. Have fun!