Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Date Night

FINALLY! It only took us 6 months to go out. Lane's mom came in town for a conference & stayed with us for a couple of days. She was nice enough to babysit E last night. So we took in a movie. The movie itself was just ok. Bummer. We spent $9.75 a ticket (I think they just raised the prices) & $3 to park on a movie that I would have been better off renting for a dollar. Oh well. It was nice to get out. I did take notice of something that Lane & I will have to work on-Romance-. I saw all these other couples holding hands, leaning on each other, etc. I think we probably held hands during the movie for maybe 2 minutes, then it was to the corners of our own seats. I know that's not a big deal, but I'm a hopeless romantic & I want to keep that going! I love being affectionate & feeling that affection from Lane as well. I think we've gotten to a point of being so comfortable with each other that we tend to skip on the extra effort. Sigh...always something to work on.

11 comments:

The Piersons said...

I'm catching up a little bit with your blog and wanted to tell you that your family pictures look so great. Missy did such a good job!

And I totally feel you on the romance thing, Aaron always says that when we were dating I wasn't so embarrassed to be affectionate in public.

Alys said...

I'm glad you got to get out. Sean and I have gone out twice, once to see a movie and once to the temple. It feels really weird not having Harrison. And, I totally understand with the showing affection thing. I need to work on that, too.

Jami said...

It's nice getting to go out. We are going away for the weekend at the beginning od spring break.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

How fun!! I'm so glad that you were able to go out!!

The romance comes back... give yourself some time, it is your first date since you had E!! LOL. :)

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

You should have seen us on our first date out....NIGHTMARE! It gets better and you'll spark that flame again. haha.

Lindsey said...

What movie did you see? And there's something to be said about being so comfortable with each other too :) PS Yeah, I always hated paying for the parking at that movie theatre!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Hey--no, he is working out here. He flys home on the weekends but most of his time is spent here with us. They are putting the house on the market in a few months so he is trying to get work going out here!!

Bexie Funk said...

i hate having to pay for parking too what a rip off! going out becomes even more rare the more kids you have so take advantage!

Jen-Jen said...

yay for your 1st date night!! i am sure the romance will come back very soon!! also, i STILL wish more than anything that we lived in the same city!!!

Regina said...

That's fun! We are the same way. We hold hands sometimes when we are walking like at the mall or something, but at movies...comfort is what counts! I like to settle in and focus!

Jan said...

Well, that was a big TREAT for me to be with E! I loved seeing all of you!