Saturday, February 27, 2010

aaannnd DONE!

Well I finished my first race ever today! It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to signing up for more. I didn't make my goal of running the entire way:( But I also didn't train like I was supposed to either. I was following a 5 week program & did great the first 2 weeks. After that I did nothing until today. Yep, probably not the best idea. And it probably wasn't the best idea to eat brownies for breakfast & lunch the day before a race either. What can you do? I was happy with how I did. I ran for a tad over 2 miles without stopping. Then I decided to slow it down a bit. No one wants to throw up during a 5k & I was NOT going to be that person. I probably walked a total of .5 miles, maybe even less & then finished strong with a time of 33 minutes 5 seconds. Not too shabby for me. Here's all the people. I think there were 13,000 runners & then you have all the spectators & people who came for the parade.
I roped Laura into running with me. She totally burned me by running the entire way. Thank goodness she came though because I definitely ran longer than I would have on my own.
At the finish. Poor little Elliot was not happy. Apparently she cried the entire time. Probably too much wind & loud noises.

18 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

YEA!!!! Told you you'd love it! That's an awesome time, especially for the training you did. ;-) Congrats!!

Paige said...

Good for you! Zach has his first 5K next weekend. He has done no training. He might really throw up.

Jocelyn said...

WOO HOO!! Congrats!! You did awesome, even if you had to walk a little bit. When I did my one and only 5K last year, I did it in 36 minutes. I have talked about running the same 5K again this year, but April is coming up REALLY soon and I haven't exercised pretty much since that race in April! Eeeks!! Unless I get some inspiration really soon, maybe I won't be running after all!

KT said...

Way to go! That's awesome!

Jami said...

Good job. I can still only run two at a time. I have only been running three days a week. We canceled our 5k at school, so I won't be doing any races this year.

Laura said...

That was so fun! I'm so glad you told me about it! Thanks again!

Alys said...

Good job! I think a 5K would be about the longest race I would like, if you can like a race.
And, I am glad you had your 2 biggest fans. I am sure that made it much better.

Regina said...

Way to go! That's a lot of running, I could NEVER do that!

Gwen said...

WELL DONE!!! I thought about you today and wondered how your race went. You finished at a decent time for a first timer. I'm glad you had fun. GOOD JOB!!!

Donnie and Laura said...

Alright!! That's gotta feel good to finish your first 5k!! I haven't been running in forever-- It's like it's so hard to get into running and so easy to get out of it!

Lindsey said...

CONGRATS! I'm so impressed!

Rachel said...

Nice. You put the rest of us to shame. I eat brownies for breakfast sometimes, but am not running to make up for it.

Jan said...

I'm so proud of you, Jalei!

The Hickman Family said...

Go Jalei! That's awesome! Next up...Marathon!!! J/K.

The Piersons said...

Great job! That is so fun to run with SO many other people and you did really good.

Jen-Jen said...

So proud of you!! That is awesome!! I need to start running!!

Debbie said...

congrats jalei!!! that's so awesome!! even not running the entire thing, you've still done WAY more than i have! awesome job! :)

the tatsaks said...

Congrats! Now you need to come here and do the Half with me!!!