Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In a Different Life...

At my parents' house, there is a dog named Winnie, well actually Winifred (Remember her from Tuck Everlasting?). She used to be my dog, until they inherited her. Elliot LOVES Winnie. She's constantly following her around & petting her. Luckily Winnie returns the love by licking her toes. Anyway, I am starting to think that E was a dog in another life. On several occasions, I have fished dog food out of her mouth & removed her hands/feet from the water bowl.

Exhibit A

I know every kid does this, but Elliot takes it to a whole other level.

Exhibit B

Here she is in front of the dog bed. Seems like no big deal, right? Well she likes to actually lay on it. She does this all the time. Even if Winnie is there first, E will just lay on top of her until she moves. I was grossed out the first few times she did it, but have since found it more of a hassle to remove her from the bed than to just let her be.

Exhibit C (1)


Exhibit C (2)

Yes that is a blinged out dog collar you see around my child's neck. No I didn't put it there. This is Winnie's old collar & Elliot has been borrowing it since we've been here. I don't know if it's because it jingles a little or has diamonds on it, but she can always find it & likes to throw it around her neck like a boa.

So case & point, you see what I'm saying. I now know of 2 things to get E for Christmas & neither one is a dog.

9 comments:

Jen-Jen said...

how funny! well she sure does look cute pretending to be winnie :-) i loved tuck everlasting!! looks like yall are having fun with your 2nd trip to arlington!! miss you!

Julianne said...

that is so cute. I get grossed out a little still about dogs and their things, but my kids all love it. Elliot looks super cute in the diamonds!

Alys said...

One of Harrison's favorite things to find is Dixie's dog bone. It grossed me out every time, but he loves it, And Dixie always brings it to him. So I think Harrison is part dog too,

Jami said...

Look at Lillian Vernon for personalized beanbags or giant pillows.

Jocelyn said...

Too funny! It looks like she is enjoying the stay at your folks' house!

Lindsey said...

LOL!!! She is such a cutie. And I have such a hard time decided who she looks like, in some photos she looks so much like you and in others so much like Lane!

The Piersons said...

So cute, that is so great that she loves dogs, some kids are born scared of them. And looks like a nice dog.

KT said...

That is too funny! She already likes the bling!

Regina said...

That is too funny. Kelly used to lay on Rockie's bed all the time, that's why we bought him the bean bag.