Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Cast is Off!

We have been waiting for this day for a long time. When Elliot originally had the cast put on, he said to come back in 4 weeks. We couldn't get an appointment for 5 weeks, so we had to settle. And then when we showed up bright in early yesterday, the receptionist tried to tell me we had canceled the appointment. Ya right. I said to figure something out because either they take it off or we'll do it ourselves. Lucky for Elliot, they squeezed us in. They used a saw to cut through the cast. I thought E would freak out, but the nurse told her it was like being tickled & she loves that. So no tears for her.
 
And the first thing we did when we got home was break out the inflatable pool & go swimming!
 She was all smiles.

6 comments:

Jami said...

So glad she was able to get it off. You guys will have to come and swim now.

Alys said...

I bet it is so nice to get that off. And, to go swimming. Harrison still hasn't gone yet this summer.

Debbie said...

Yay! What a relief to finally have that off. I'm sure she was so happy to get in the pool!

Gwen said...

Look how happy she is! I bet having that cast off is a huge relief for you and Lane, too!

Regina said...

Yay! I am so glad, that seriously must have been the biggest pain!! I think we have that same pool!

KT said...

Yay! I bet it so nice having that off!