Monday, June 6, 2011

What's Up With Elliot

Just some quick little tidbits about my sweet pea. She really likes stickers as you can see. She had put some on during church & I noticed they had disappeared, but couldn't find where she put them. Later as I was eating the rest of her gold fish, I discovered them inside her snack holder.

 She has also developed a love of standing on her head. She does this all the time. Lane also taught her how to do a somersault. When she's not in front of an audience she can do a really good one. I'm actually pretty impressed by it.

Elliot is now talking in phrases. Half of them I can't understand. But the ones she uses the most are:
"I want to go outside Mama"
"I want to eat Mama"
"I love you"
"There you go"
"Alright"
"I know"
It's funny how she adds the "Mama" onto the end of everything. Even when she's talking to someone else.

She is now sleeping in her big girl bed. A couple of days ago, she climbed in our bed when it was her bed time & I asked if she wanted to sleep there & she said yes. So we just left her there, thinking she would crawl out any minute. But 30 minutes went by & she was still right where we left her. So we decided the next day we would actually put her in her own bed. I was surprised that she did so well. She didn't get out once. This is her 2nd night in her bed & she went down great again. We'll see if she stays in it. I hope so!

And last but not least, we bought her a potty chair. I'm not going to get serious about potty training her just yet, but I wanted to familiarize her with it. She loves to sit on it. She has told me several times tonight that she needed to go, so I took her in there & sat her on it. Of course she didn't go, but I still praised her for trying. Like I said, she's not quite ready, but hopefully by her 2nd birthday she will be. I would love to have her out of diapers before the next one gets here.

7 comments:

Jami said...

So impressed. Only Eleanor stayed in the bed. Now Elliot can come spend the night. If she wants to stay Saturday she can, and we will bring her to mom's Sunday night.

Regina said...

The pictures are so cute! Good for her sleeping in her big girl bed!! Good luck with the potty training!

Jocelyn said...

Eli went potty the first two nights... and not once since then!

Christina Bassi said...

She's a little gymnist. You should see if your gymnastics gym by your house has an open play time. Ours does and the kids have a blast playing around. They love the big pit full of foam blocks
Miss Elliot is so cute especially with that little pink cast. :-)

Abby Batlle said...

she is so cute!!!! growing up!! and i don't think i've told you yet, CONGRATS on #2!! what a fun time!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

She's so cute. Good luck potty training! I've tried putting C on it and she freeeeaaaaks out!

Laura said...

She is so cute! I love the head stand. And way to go on the big girl bed. I'm afraid Lindsay won't do so well. We'll be making the attempt as soon as we get our own place. I'm nervous though.

And don't give up on the potty training (once you start that is) ... it's so hard (I gave up the first few times with Katie and I should have just kept going), but if you can push through it it will be nice not to have two diapers to change like you said. :)