Saturday, June 18, 2011

H-O-T

For the past week, we have been having air conditioning problems BIG TIME! Not really the best time for that to happen. It all started the night before we left for San Antonio. The A/C went out.  We were thinking-no big deal. We'll just stay with my parents the night before we head out & it should be fixed by the time we return. Well we got home and it was pretty steamy inside, so we called our land lord to see what the problem was. Apparently the A/C guy had a kidney stone attack while he was at our house & had to go to the ER. So we turned around & went back to stay with my parents another night. He said it should be fixed the next day. Fast forward 24 hours...ahh...cool air. Two hours later...NO air. Ring the A/C guy to come back over. Ahhh...cool air. One hour later...NO air. Drive back to my parents house to stay the night. It's now Friday. The A/C is "fixed". Of course it's Groundhog day around here, so we stay another night with the parents. Today is Saturday. After going through 3 compressors, the repair man put in a whole new unit. It is now working. Or so he says. We haven't actually made it back over there yet. I look forward to us sleeping in our own beds. It's been 7 days!

8 comments:

Jami said...

That stinks. I was wondering why you guys were there. That happened to us when I was pregnant with Lorelai. It was late July and no fun. I hope it's fixed this time.

Regina said...

By whole new unit, do you mean a whole new a/c unit?? That's awesome! One time (you know, because ours goes out at least twice a year) our problem was the compressor too. Hopefully it is fixed for good, trust me...I know it sucks!

Bexie Funk said...

yikes! at least you don't have to pay to put the unit in. i'm hoping ours last another 4 years!

Debbie said...

oh my gosh, what a pain!!! I'm glad you were back in this area and could easily go stay with your parents for a few days! hope it's fixed for good!

Lindsey said...

That is no fun during a Texas summer...happened to us once growing up and I remember sleeping on the floor because it was a little cooler...yuck!

Alys said...

Yuck! No AC is the worst. It is supposed to be in the 100's here this week, so ours will be running a lot. Hopefully it is all taken care of now.

And, Sea World looks like it was a lot of fun. We might need to take a little trip there, too.

The Piersons said...

OH my gosh, that is horrible, pregnant and heat are not a great combo here in the Pierson household. Also not sleeping in your own bed when you are pregnant is not fun! I hope it is fixed.

Laura said...

Hopefully it's fixed for good! Man, what a pain!