Friday, September 14, 2012

Date Night & Baby Name

   I don't think Lane has had a day off in the past 6 weeks and I have been stressed to the max! For some reason, they scheduled all of his off days at the very end of the month instead of dispersing them throughout.You know that feeling you get when you think--I don't think I can handle one more thing without losing it? That's where I've been at, and admittedly have lost it. I told him this a week ago when I had reached my limit. The sad thing is, there's nothing he can do about it and he too is stressed as well. I'm used to him working all the time, but I'm also used to him being able to help out when he gets home, and lately he doesn't get home til after the kids are in bed and leaves before they wake up, or is sleeping when they wake up, which makes it even harder because he gets horrible sleep & I have a hard time keeping everyone quiet during the day. It's been hard for me to keep my feelings in check because I'll notice I start to feel resentful that he's working so much, followed up with a huge amount of guilt because I know his schedule is not his choice & he would rather be at home. Plus he is completely exhausted running off of a few hours sleep.

  ANYWAY, with all the craziness we decided to plan a date night, which was last night. Now he worked earlier that day, but was home by 1pm. And he still had to work today, but not super early (9am), so we thought we could make it work. What an enjoyable, much needed evening. We went to see a 4:50 movie (The Words), went to the new outlets and browsed around and then ate at Spring Creek. We were home by 8:30pm. I didn't want to stay out too late because of the kids. So we finally got to just enjoy each other and talk. And out of this talking came the BABY'S NAME! We have agreed on...

Perry Leighton Blankenship

  Yes, he's letting me have Perry. Probably because he felt bad, but I'll take it. The thing is, I really felt this baby was a Perry. I told him this about a week ago and he asked what the middle name would be. It was then that I knew I had a chance. I told him he could pick the middle name. I let things sit for a while and then told him last night that our little girl needs a name! Yes I know we actually have plenty of time, but I like to refer to the baby by name. Plus I've almost finished her Christmas stocking, but can't complete it until I have a name. So I'm very excited and can't wait to actually meet her!

8 comments:

Jami said...

I'm glad you guys had some time out.

Brenda said...

I guess date nights can be successful for many things! Congratualations on Perry's name. It is cute and I like Leighton too. I'm sure people will know she is a girl!

Gwen said...

I like Perry! So sorry to hear about Lane's long hours. Jeremiah often comes home and has to work because he's on call but at least he's home. Hang in there! Please don't stress too much. The last thing you need is to have a baby too early! Love ya :o)

Debbie said...

I like Perry a lot! And it goes really well with Leighton and E and D's names. So sweet.

I can totally relate to feeling like a single parent and reaching your limit lately. Badi has been working so much, too. It's been tough and at night after the kids are sleeping I feel guilty for lashing out at them when they're just being kids. Ugh, it's tough work being a momma!!! Hang in there. Glad you guys had a date!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh man, date nights are a must. They are sure hard to come by though. I feel your pain. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that name. So perfect.

Jocelyn said...

Yay for picking Perry as your baby girl's name!

And perhaps even more importantly, YAY for DATE NIGHT!!

I'm sorry to hear things are tough right now...Scott has had a hard time with my new school/work schedule, although things seem better now.

Lindsey said...

Hooray for date night and naming your baby!! I didn't finalize Olivia's name until the night she was born, and then I still changed her middle name on day 2, lol. It's great that you're so decisive and ahead of the game! And that sucks about him working so much. That's how I feel when Nathan is deployed...I'll feel a little resentful on the really tough days, and then remember that he doesn't control the deployments. And WOW at what you're doing for E's pre-school, that's really impressive!

Jen-Jen said...

i LOVE the name- so cute! i am also glad ya'll got some time together,i hope that they will get his days off better in the months ahead so it won't continue to be so stressful for you! miss you!