Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Atlanta

Last week Lane was at a work conference in Atlanta for 4 days and I was able to join him the last 2. We had such a good time and I'm so thankful I got to go. For a while there I was thinking it wasn't meant to be. The night before I left, we had a huge storm and lost power. I had to take a shower and get ready in the dark. No blow drying my hair, so you can imagine how bad I looked. My phone was low on battery since it wasn't able to charge. I finally make it to the airport without any issues. But after we had all boarded the flight attendant makes an announcement that a mechanic is working on one of the engines so we will be delayed. So many things going through my mind like-is this the end for me? Can I get off the plane? Lots of praying went on throughout that entire flight. Luckily I made it to Atlanta safely. I took the rail to the hotel and was so happy when I finally saw Lane. I told him I was pretty proud of myself for making the whole trip solo and not getting lost or having to turn around. When all was said and done I drove myself to the airport, parked in the express parking, did the whole airport thing, found the train and walked about a block to my hotel...all without having to call him for help. He said he would be proud of me if I were 12. I can see we have very different expectations.

Anyway, we had lots of fun. We went to dinner the first night, and to the aquarium and Braves game the second night. I think the aquarium is world renown. They had a dolphin show and lots of different exhibits. It was really cool. The Braves game was very exciting as well. The lead kept changing and we had a grand slam towards the end. We embraced the "chop" and had a great time. I'm so glad Lane and I were able to spend some quality time together and not feel like we had to rush anywhere. Oh and we slept in til 9am 1 day. That made the whole trip worth it!
 We were on the 29th floor & had a great view.
 Dinner at Max Lager's

You can't see us but check out the Beluga!
 Whale Shark
 Whale Shark & sting rays
My favorite shot. The colors are so vibrant.
 Braves game
 Hard to capture the chop
 This old attendant was too funny. He's dancing here.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Atlanta is a fun place. We loved the aquarium. You should have gone to the world of coca cola next door.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

How fun for you guys! Glad you were able to get away for a few short days.

Christina Bassi said...

How nice. I bet you guys enjoyed your kid-free time.

Jocelyn said...

How fun!
It's like a "date night" times 10!

Lindsey said...

LOL I'm pretty sure Nathan and I have had the same conversation where I'm really proud of myself for making it somewhere and he's like huh? haha. Glad you guys had so much fun!!