Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Potty Trained

I bet you thought I was talking about Davis, right? No, I'm referring to Elliot. It only took OVER A YEAR! Seriously. I remember reading all these blogs that talk about  potty training in a day or week. That was not the case for us. She did great with #1 since forever ago. It's just been #2 that had been giving us problems. There were a few times I thought, "this could be it" & then she would regress. We promised her everything under the sun, but she had her own time table. I would ask her why she wouldn't go & she would either say, "the poo poo is napping" or "I just don't want to". And that was it. She just didn't want to do it. No idea what made her change her mind but no backsies. She's been in big girl panties for a month now. I make her wear the plastic underwear over top of her panties at night, but she's only had 1 accident, so I'm thinking of letting her not wear them anymore. FINALLY, I'm back to buying diapers for just 2 kids!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Lucky. Eleanor still has accidents at night all the time. We've decided that once she runs out of pull ups, she's going to the rubber panties.

Bexie Funk said...

i'm so glad we're done with diapers! happy day for you!

Christina Bassi said...

Yea! Just two in diapers. I bet you are happy. Way to go, Elliot!

Laura said...

Hooray! Man, I hate potty training. It's funny because Lindsay will say that her "poo poo is sleeping" too. I wonder what makes them think that.