Thursday, May 9, 2013

Post Surgery

Surgery is finally over and done with. Everything went well. They called me back and I was in a bed for 3 hours before we finally got things going. It should have only been 1 hour, but my doctor got called to deliver a baby. The nurses were really nice. I picked Lane up from work on my way to the surgery center. He had worked all night. My nurse was so sweet that she got him a bed! The same nurse was so funny too. She said 2 different things that cracked me up. She was getting me warm blankets and said, "if a fat menopausal lady having hot flashes is cold, I bet you are too." At first I thought she was talking about another patient, but then I think she was referring to herself. I didn't ask for clarification. I can't remember the other thing she said, which is too bad because I know it was even funnier. They had already given me meds at that point, so there's no telling what it was. I can't remember anything past being rolled into the OR. Glad about that. I was really sleepy when they woke me up. We got home around 3pm & I went straight to bed until 7pm. I watched a movie and went back to sleep. Not too bad. Hopefully my recovery won't be bad. As of right now I'm feeling pretty decent. My belly button is really sore. That's where they went in. The slightest touch hurts really bad. And my right shoulder is sore. It's from them blowing me up with air. Hopefully that will go away soon.

5 comments:

Greg and Nancy said...

That shoulder pain is a killer! Hope it wears off soon.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Good grief. What a mess. I bet you're so glad that is over with!

Allison said...

Glad you are okay! What a mess though that you should NOT be having to deal with. I would be so ticked to have to go through all of that. Glad it's behind you now. Hope you are feeling better.

Jocelyn said...

Gosh... I had forgotten about your surgery, but I'm glad everything turned out OK. Prayers for a fast recovery!

Christina Bassi said...

Glad everything went okay. We were thinking about you.