Friday, May 3, 2013

Swim School Flunkee

Elliot just completed her swim lessons. This is her 3rd summer of them. When she was just 18 months, we did the mommy & me class. Last year she did her own class & the same for this year. Let's just say she did not meet my expectations, or theirs. I had hoped we would get over the fear of putting her face in the water. Although she can do this when she's sitting on the step of the pool, it is still a huge set back for her when her teacher tries to tell her to put her face in the water when she's floating on her tummy. A couple of weeks ago the teacher told me she has to be able to put her face in the water for 15 seconds to move on to the next class. I knew right then it wasn't going to happen. The funny thing about Elliot is that every time it's her turn with her teacher, she won't do the task fully. But when she sits back on the step she'll turn around and look at me with the biggest smile like she did. It makes me laugh. One of these days she'll get it. But I'm only signing her up for one swim lessons class per summer. What she really needs is private lessons.




1 comment:

Jami said...

Just bring her to swim more. We'll get her swimming.