Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

We had a pretty busy 4th this year. It started bright & early with a breakfast at church. I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the food, so we went to Whataburger afterwards. After running some errands, we laid out by the pool. I pretty much looked like a beached whale all sprawled out on my raft, but it felt sooooo good! Lane cooked up some juicy hamburgers & we capped them off with root beer floats. Our big entertainment for the evening was the Clay Walker concert. I love him & he played all of his good songs!

Sweating it out in the sun.

I love the buildings behind us.

Mr. Clay Walker himself!

These were the best fireworks I've ever seen! They were right on top of us! Supposedly it was the largest land based fireworks display in the nation. Crazy.

8 comments:

Gwen said...

I love the new look of your blog! I'm glad that you guys had a great July 4th. One more thing, you are the best looking beached whale that I have ever seen :o)

Paige said...

I love Clay Walker! I haven't thought about him in so long.

The Piersons said...

Jalei, I love your maternity pictures!! They look so great.

Sounds like a great 4th, I love Clay Walker too and could never convince Aaron to go to a concert with me.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Looks like a fun Fourth. I absolutely LOVE your new blog look! It looks great!!!!

the tatsaks said...

That is crazy! Ours were not that good! Glad you had a good fourth!

Regina said...

I am so jealous!! I love Clay Walker! And those fireworks are soooo muhc better than ours were here!

Alys said...

Clay Wlaker! I loved him in high school. Sean would never come to a country concert with me though. Not his cup of tea. Oh well. We are going to Cold Play next week. And, I'm jealous about the fireworks. The ones we saw were not all that impressive.

Christina Bassi said...

How much fun! I had no idea Houston had the biggest firework show in the nation. That's great! Looks like you guys had a great 4th. Everyone missed you guys in Whitney! How's the new apartment?