Sunday, July 19, 2009

Girls Weekend

This weekend Amy & Regina surprised me by coming down to Houston to hang out before Elliot arrives. Of course I found out about this a few days before & was so excited! I had a couple of things planned out that we could do, however we didn't really follow through. I don't think they were too excited about going to see some Moon Landing Celebration or 50s Dance Party. They make fun of me because I'll go to anything, even if I have no interest in it, just to have something to do. What can I say? So instead, when they arrived, we went antiquing (sp?) for a while. We saw some great pieces, but I was hoping they would be a bit cheaper, like $20 instead of $500. No luck.

Later we went to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Escalantes, where I ate entirely too much food & paid for it the next day. That night we rented "New in Town" which was horrible.

The next day we headed down to Galveston to get some sun. We had a great time & were all pleased that we came back itchy & pink. Mission accomplished. We did make a note that next time we're buying those beach chairs that sit low to the ground & you put in the water. That would have made us last a lot longer out in the heat.

That night we ate Mexican again, even though I swore I wouldn't the remainder of my pregnancy.

And of course we had to make a stop at The Chocolate Bar. Our hair is a bit watered down at this point because we had to make a run for it from the car. But we weren't going to let anything get in our way. We ended our night by watching our all time favorite "The Notebook". Just as good as the first time!

Thanks girls for coming down! I had so much fun & can't wait for you to come back in about a month!!

10 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm glad that you guys had such a fun time! Enjoy your free time now b/c you won't have much of it after Elliot arrives!

ChelseaSalomone said...

You look GREAT! You are one of those super cute pregnant people for sure. Sounds like a fun girls weekend!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

How fun!!!!! I'm glad you guys got to hang out before Elliot arrives-girls' weekends are the best.

Regina said...

Thanks for your hospitality! And I am glad I didn't bore you to tears this time!!

the tatsaks said...

I had so much fun. Thanks for letting us crash! I am sure Lane was not to sad to see us go:)

Jaymie and Justin said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I miss having my best friends close enough where we can hang out. You are lucky!

Jocelyn said...

How fun... gotta love girls' weekends!

Jami said...

It sounds like you guys had fun. It was sweet of them to come down. You need to invest in those chairs. We got some at World Market last summer. They were so cheap, but they are really, really nice.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

How fun!!! I'm glad that you had a fun girls weekend before Elliot comes.

Abby Batlle said...

your cute belly makes me smile! you are so so cute.