Sunday, July 12, 2009

Elliot's Room

I'm glad to FINALLY say Elliot's room is finished. This was a constant work in progress. I made a few simple things for her room that turned into difficult projects, but that's now behind me. Of course I felt the need to paint her room. Lane did a great job with that. I added the polka dots. You can see I didn't stray far from my favorite colors: brown, yellow & green. Here are the curtains I previously talked about. I love them! I am going to have to take them up though. I somehow got the measurements wrong & they are super long! For now, I tucked them under. The only thing I may add is a rug. I can't fit much more than that in there!

Taken from the doorway.

Here's the right side of her room. The changing table all ready to go. Yes that's my ginormous diaper bag. I didn't intend to get one that large, but it happened to be the cheapest & cutest.

The left side of her room. Thanks Amy for the crib!

Here's one of my little projects. This was actually the easy one. On the E there are brown polka dots & little green flowers.

Here's my last project. This one was a stinker. The painting part was fine, but when it came time to drill holes for the glass knobs & hanging it, I wanted to pull my hair out.

23 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Very cute!!! I am really impressed with your craftiness- especially the shelf you made her.

KT said...

So cute! It turned out great!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

It looks awesome!! Great job!

Christina Bassi said...

It's even more beautiful than I expected. Good job, Jalie. You are such a good decorator. I love how classy the room turned out.

The Whites said...

You did such a great job Jalei! It is so adorable. Great job on painting the shelf too! It's so cute.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

WOW!!! I seriously LOVE it. So so cute. Love all your projects...is the E on her wall a mod podge thing or what? I might steal that.

Bexie Funk said...

wow that's really cute! i the letter in the frame can you show me how to do that?

The Piersons said...

I agree with everyone, it look SO good. And I am so impressed that you already have it done. Carson's nursery is a work in progress.

the tatsaks said...

So, so, so, so cute. I cant wait to see it in person!

Regina said...

Oh my GOSH it looks so cute! Exactly as I pictured it! And I see you went with the green glass knobs...nice work! I like your diaper bag, and in the beginning you will use every inch of it! LOVE the E, too! Love it, love it, love it!!

The Hickman Family said...

Jalei you did an awesome job decorating her room! It seriously looks so adorable. The only tip I would give (since we lived in the same condos) is that we had to move Katy's crib to the other side of the room because every time we showered in the morning we would wake her up. Who knows though, maybe Elliot will be a heavy sleeper!

Donnie and Laura said...

Wow, it is SO cute! You did an awesome job decorating!! It looks like the only thing missing now is Elliot!!

Abby Batlle said...

Very cute Jalei!!! So perfect for a little girl and so stylish! Good job!

Jaymie and Justin said...

That room is so adorable! Great job with designing it. It's perfect!

Jami said...

The room turned out cute. I remember the first nursery without all the extra stuff. We are still waiting for our bedding to come in. I finished the quilt, but the rest is in the mail. I am still trying to figure out what to put on the walls. We painted, but it still looks a little bare.

www.justinandcortney.blogspot.com said...

very cute!! Love the colors you picked out for her.

The Mulkey Family said...

Wow...you did a great job and I love the colors!!! So, so very cute for you sweet baby girl! PS...I am sending your gift in the mail...did not want you to think I forgot :)

The Lindsey's said...

You did such a good job...it is adorable. Now all you need is a baby to put in the crib..

Alyssa and Kevin said...

Love it Jalei! It is sooo cute!

Can you send me your address??

Thank you!! :)

Alyssa and Kevin said...

duh, that would have been helpful! :)

Lysslawther@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Laura said...

Seriously, you did an amazing job with that room! It is so cute!!!

Lindsey said...

ADORABLE!!

The Jester Family said...

Jalei,
The room is gorgeous! Now you need to get a wooden rocker that will creek when you rock her. I remember all the wonderful hours I spent rocking and singing to you and how you loved it. This will be a time that will be filled with wonderful memories.
Love,
Dad