Friday, September 18, 2009

1 Month

Our little girl is already a month old! She has been a great baby so far. She doesn't have a 1 month check up, so I have no idea how much she weighs or her length. Lane did try to weigh himself & her on the scale & then just himself. With that, he got that she's 8lbs, but who knows if that's accurate. I want to say it's not because she's still tiny. She doesn't fit in any of her 0-3 month clothes. Her newborn clothes are even too big, especially the pants. I went out yesterday specifically to buy a newborn outfit for her since I had to change her 3 times yesterday because everything swallowed her. She's a great sleeper. She's still in our room. I was going to move her to her own room this week, but we'll be going to Arlington soon & she'll have to go back into the pack 'n play. I figured it would be easier to just wait til we get home. She now likes her baths. I started filling her tub up more, so she would be more immersed in the water & she loves that. She's starting to eat more. About 4-5 ounces. Her favorite place to be is her bouncer. It usually always knocks her right out. Her are some pictures.

All stretched out.

I can't wait til she starts smiling. I just pulled her pacifier out here & she's not in the best of moods.

The pacifier is back in place & she's content.

14 comments:

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

She's precious!!! I can't even believe Elliot it already a month old! Wow where does the time go???

Alys said...

I love the pink and brown owl outfit. Super cute. I can't believe she is not fitting into her 0-3 clothes. Just wait, she will be growing in and out of them before you know it.

Jami said...

Those are cute pictures. I can't get over how long she looks in the first picture. Can't wait to see he up against Eleanore.

Gwen said...

I love the pouty mouth! She is so precious. Let me tell you something about baby clothes. I kept Scarlett in onesies until she was about 2 months...and she still wears them daily.

When shopping, eyeball the size of the outfit. Going by the sizes that the clothes are tagged will bring you nothing but contention.

By the way, Scarlett is still in our room. That's only for OUR convenience. I really don't think that she cares where she sleeps. She will sleep anywhere. Call us when you get here!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I hear you on having no clothes to fit her. Charlotte can't fit into anything either. She is ADORABLE.

The Rowes said...

What a beautiful girl! Her looks are already changing so much from when she was a new-newborn. I love Elliot's tiny feet in the first picture!

Abby Batlle said...

what a CUTE baby girl!!!

KT said...

She is so darling! She looks so different from the last time I saw her. Kira likes to say baby Elliot, but it sounds more like baby Ellie.

{lex} said...

She is so perfect. I am jealous that you have a baby that sleeps well. Vince is sleeping at night for about 2-3 hours before our beefy guy wants to eat and acts as if I have never fed him in his life. I can't believe that he is 2 days younger than Elliot and is already 3 lbs heavier. I am so excited for you and Lane to experience Elliot's "firsts" this coming year. There is nothing like your first child doing everything for the first time. I can already see a difference in Jim and my own attitude towards Vince (poor Vinny being the second). We are so excited to see y'all this weekend.

Maddy said...

Jalei she is so cute and precious!
maddyforeman@yahoo.com

the tatsaks said...

I LOVE the outfit! She is so cute and still SO tiny! I cant wait to see her again!!! Has her umbilical cord fallen off yet?

Lindsey said...

I'm so sad I missed her at church...she is so cute! Have fun this weekend!

Debbie said...

so stinkin cute! man I love pink/brown on girls!!! she's so adorable, jalei!

Regina said...

These pics are SO CUTE!! I love the owl outfit!