Monday, September 28, 2009

Down Time

This week Lane had 9 days off, so we went to Arlington. We stayed super busy visiting all of our friends & family. In fact, I wish we had MORE time because it's hard to fit it all in. We visited my sister & her kids. They hadn't seen Elliot & I haven't seen Eleanor. Here's a picture of the 2 girls. They're only a month apart.

I hung out with Regina & Amy for an afternoon with the kiddos. Kelly was so sweet to Elliot! We kept telling him to give her kisses & it was too cute.

kisses

loves

We happened to be around for the State Fair. I have been wanting to go FOREVER. Every year I say I'm going, but never make it.

This sign is probably why Texas is the fattest state in the country. Surprisingly, Lane was the one who tried a couple of the fried foods.

Fried Jelly Beans

Fried Butter

I stuck to a fair favorite...cotton candy!

There were so many gimicks. This guy was trying to sell these Bionic bands for $60. Basically it's a piece of cloth with a tiny scrap of metal attached. It's supposed to make you extra strong. Here he is trying to get Lane off balanced while he's wearing the band.

The tiniest horse in the world. I felt sorry for him because he was in this hole & couldn't look a round. It looks like he's being punished.

Lane rode 1 ride & this was his choice. The arms roll around while it's spinning. I would have thrown up for sure, but he did alright.

We also went to visit Lanes mom. While we were there, we practiced shooting their bow & arrows.

I felt like Robin Hood.

Not too bad, huh?

This one is out of order. Here's one of things they were selling. I don't know how the salesmen can keep a straight face with this product. Watch the video & you'll see why. Sorry it's sideways. I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.

12 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

LOL!! OH MY GOSH- that is out of control. They are really selling that?? Looks like a fun fair trip!!

Jami said...

You guys did a lot at the fair. I hope we can get the girls to do half that much.

the tatsaks said...

I am so glad we got to hang out! And that video is hilarious!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

That poor horse! I love the video and the pics of Elliot and Eleanor. So cute. About her room...don't give up! Keep working on getting her in her own room. Try letting her fuss w/out the pacifier and see how long it takes her to settle down.

Lindsey said...

How fun! And I have to ask...how was the fried butter?

Alys said...

Did you dye you hair? It looks darker. Anyway, glad you had fun visiting the fam.

Debbie said...

HAHAHA that video is awesome! there's no WAY I could sell that thing with a straight face!!!

ps- what did Lane think of the fried butter?!

Christina Bassi said...

Fried butter, yuck! I can't believe Lane tried that. Looks like you guys had a blast. The picture with Eleanor and Elliot is adorable.

Allison said...

Oh my, I was laughing hysterically at that video of Lane!! Looks like fun...I would love to drive out to the state fair someday in the future. Cute picture of the cousins together. They are getting so big! Glad you got to spend some time with your family.cyag

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

What a fun trip to the fair....That video of Lane was so funny!! Derek and I were cracking -up!!

I also love your new hair color!! And Elliot is just too cute!!

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

What a cute baby girl you have! She has grown so much in the past few weeks. Love her!

Diane said...

oh how fun! We went last year and I wanted to see the worlds smallest horse, but you had to pay a ticket to see it. Actually I was just thinking the other day I wondered what it looked like. Thanks for the pic! Although it is kinda sad that he can't see anything...