Monday, September 14, 2009

Sentimental Shmuck

Lane is in the other room talking to one of his good friends on the phone & being the great eavesdropper that I am, I happened to hear the sweetest thing. He was talking about being a father & said, "You can never understand how much your parents love you until you become one. My thoughts are always turned to her & it makes it hard to go to class. I just want to stay at home and hold her." Doesn't that just melt your heart? I know he's going to be a great daddy!

14 comments:

Paige said...

What a sweetie!

ChelseaSalomone said...

That is super sweet!

the tatsaks said...

That is so sweet and so true! We need some more baby pics!!! And updates!

Christina Bassi said...

Elliot is a lucky girl.

Lindsey said...

Awwwww! :) and haha I love the eavesdropping...what a fun thing to hear!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

What a sweet Dad! It feels good inside when you know they care.

{lex} said...

Life even gets better as time goes on. I know it is hard to imagine to be able to love some little person so much right now but your love grows and grows as they grow. You both have done good!!!!

Gwen said...

I know exactly how he feels. That's why I haven't returned to work. I can't wait until you join the SAHM club too! Elliot has awesome parents already!

The Piersons said...

That is adorable, Lane will be a great dad.

I concur, we do need more pictures of Elliot.

Jami said...

I'm glad that he has warmed up to being a Dad.

Haddy said...

that makes me smile

Jaymie and Justin said...

That is adorable!

Alys said...

That's pretty sweet. I always knew Lane would be a good daddy, he was a good big brother.

Debbie said...

awww, so precious! and he's so right! :)