Thursday, April 29, 2010

Changes


Elliot is really starting to do a lot more now. She is 8.5 months. At 7 months she FINALLY started rolling over from back to tummy. I thought this day would come about 4 months earlier, but she was only teasing me & decided to take her sweet time. Once she got that move down, she seemed to be all over the place. I now have to pay extra close attention. Especially when she's on my bed. She's a little roly poly & doesn't get the concept of going over the edge of the bed=pain. She is now pulling up on everything...her bathtub, me, the couch, her bumpo and now her bed. She has recently started pushing herself up in a sitting position & I will often times find her sitting up in her bed after she wakes up. Then yesterday I saw that she was STANDING in her bed with her arms draped over the rail (see above). I'm glad I'm a bit OCD. I am constantly turning on her monitor during her nap time to see what position she's in or if she's woken up, even when I know she's still asleep. I can't help myself. Well luckily I caught her right after she made it up & it freaked me out. I'm so afraid that she's going to pull herself over the rail. So I bolt into her room using the "you're in trouble" name, Elliot Reese. Yep, everyone knows they're in trouble when they hear their first & middle name. Lane immediately lowered her matress. And then this morning I go in to find she's gotten her arm stuck between the slats. Oh this child. She's about to start crawling & I can only imagine what she'll get into at that point.

11 comments:

The Piersons said...

She sounds like quite the little mover, it sounds like more work but lots of fun too! It looks like you guys had such a nice trip home, so fun.

Jami said...

Eleanor has started sitting up too. I just told Patrick it was time to lower the bed. At least when she does start crawling, you won't have any little things on the floor to eat. That is our big problem right now.

Jocelyn said...

Aww, but she looks SO cute standing in her bed!!

Alys said...

What a big girl! It is so much fun to see all the new things. Harrison is still rolling everywhere! I can't keep up with him. I am not really looking forward to crawling because there is no space for him to go. He will get into everything.

Lindsey said...

She's growing up so fast! And LOL I'll probably be an OCD mom too.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

haha! Just wait....

Charly is into everything, too. She squirms out of her bumbo and her bouncy chair (even buckled in), so she is pretty much on the floor all the time now.

Justin and Allison said...

So glad to finally see her in person. She is a beauty. I just loved that dress you had on her. Great to see you as well, you looked wonderful as always. Take care!

Gwen said...

Have I mentioned how much I love E's room?! It is sooooo cute!

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with being OCD. I am a proud card carrying member of the OCD club! I'll be the 1st to tell you that my OCD has kept my family safe and healthy!

I'm glad that E is rolling over. Walking is just around the corner! Let me warn you now...protect your closet!!! E WILL get into your shoes. E WILL get into your purse. E WILL get into anything and everything. SO BEWARE!!!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness... how funny that you found her standing! That's exciting when they start to learn to stand and walk (more work for us...but still exciting!)

Jaymie and Justin said...

Wow! She is progressing so fast now! That is exciting!

the tatsaks said...

Aww, she looks so proud of herself!!!