Sunday, April 25, 2010

Highlights

Lane had an ER conference in Dallas last weekend, so we headed that way. He could only stay the weekend, but I stayed the entire week. It's the longest we've been apart, but it went ok. I had to write down what I did each day because I knew there was no way I would remember a week later. So here's a brief recap of what went on.(This actually is pretty long)

Saturday- We continued celebrating Lane's 31st birthday by eating at a sushi place called Piranha's in Fort Worth. He loved it! Since I'm not a sushi, seafood, any kind of fish person, I went with the crunchy chicken which was also delicious. It was gross & rainy that night so we weren't able to fully enjoy Sundance Square. It was pretty much straight to the restaurant & back. :(

Sunday- We went over to Lane's parents' to hang out with them for a bit. Then it was back to my parents' for Lane's birthday dinner...Tuscan chicken (yummy!) Unfortunately, this was the end of Lane's stay. I had to take him to the airport to head back to Houston. So sad.

Monday- Pretty low key day. I went over to Regina's to take pictures for her shower. Then we just hung out with the kiddos. I ended the day by eating at Joe's with my parents. I ALWAYS have to get there super sub with the house dressing when I'm in town. You should try it.

Tuesday- Such a fun day. We met up with Marianne & her two cuties, Charlotte & Sage at the Fort Worth Zoo. This is by far the best zoo ever! Maybe I'm just biased, but seriously, it's great. After we left, my parents & I went to Pappa's Burgers for their milkshakes. We had burgers too, but our main purpose was the shakes. I am obsessed with them. By far the best ones I've ever had. I think part of it is the extra wide straws...genius.




Wednesday- I started off the day by coloring my hair. It's back to brown for me. The blonde is just too much work. Plus I prefer darker hair. I'll have to get a picture of it. That night I went out with Regina & Amy for some girl time. We went shopping & ate at Gloria's. Definitely needed that.

Thursday- I met up with a girl from my old job, who has become one of my close friends. We went to this new place in Fort Worth called Love Shack Burgers. Very cute place. The burgers were just ok. They could definitely do better on the fries. It was so great to catch up with her & hear about the exciting things going on in her life. And she finally got to meet Elliot. Later that night I watched the NFL draft. I don't know why but I kept getting all chocked up for people I don't even know. It's just so exciting seeing these kids get drafted to a pro team. It's something they've probably always dreamed about happening & it finally came true. I'm such a sap. And I'm really excited about the Cowboy's pick, Dez Bryant! Apparently he's awesome.
**And some exciting news...E has her 1st tooth coming in!


Friday- This day was dedicated to all things shower. Amy & I went out to get everything & we spent the day prepping. Andrea was able to meet up with us as well & we had a real good time. That night I treated myself to a nice bubble bath. I dimmed the lights, turned on some music & just relaxed. Oh how I wait for the day when we'll have a house with a big bathtub.
**More exciting news-E has her 2nd tooth coming in!

Cru is showing E how to work a puzzle.

Saturday- Today was the big day...Regina's shower. Everything turned out great & I'm pretty sure she liked it. Mission accomplished. I took more pictures than this, but I'm sure she'll post them on her blog.


So as you can see, I was one busy girl this past week & I'm ready to rest.

11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

We love Piranha's! It's one of Scott's favorite restaurants. He used to live by the original in North Arlington, and now they have one in downtown Austin!

Can't wait to see pictures of your new hair color. I hope to get mine highlighted next week. I'm a natural blond, but it keeps getting darker the older I get, so I like to get it highlighted. Part of me would would to go dark, but I think my husband would freak out (plus I have dark blonde eyebrows... so that might be weird).

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Seriously we are so stupid. I was bored all week and you were here all week...we should have been doing stuff together! I'm glad we got to hang for a bit. E is ADORABLE.

Caitlin said...

That sounds like such a fun week! I miss living in Arlington so much! Pretty much I miss anything TX. I love sushi, so when we are there next maybe we'll have to try that out!

Debbie said...

yummmm! piranha's! i love sushi! glad you found something there you liked! and i have to agree with you on the pappa's milkshakes! YUMMY!

you sure were busy! hopefully E isn't teething too bad with both those teeth coming in! can't wait to see Regina's shower pics! :)

Alys said...

Lane loves sushi, not me. We went for his 24th b-day to eat sushi, he loved it. Good memories.
Looks like it was a fun week. And, I hope E is doing okay with her teeth coming in. Harrison was mostly a little more fussy than normal. The teething tablets worked well, and I tried orajel, but I don't think it was as good, kind of got on his tongue more than his gums.

Jami said...

We enjoyed having you guys here. Your daughter has taught Eleanor a new face. It is only cute the first couple of times.

Laura said...

I'm so glad you had a nice little "break" ... there is nothing better than being home surrounded by friends and family! That is so exciting about Elliot's teeth! Yay!

Gwen said...

You did have a busy week! I need to check out some of your favorite restaurants. I hope E makes it through teething okay. Once she does, you will not be able to stop looking at her cute little baby teeth!

Lindsey said...

That shake looks amazing!! Sounds like a fun week :)

the tatsaks said...

Glad we got to actually hang out some this time! And I need those shower pics too!

Lindsay said...

okay you don't know me, i'm a friend of Alys'. we were friends in middle school. anyway.. i feel like we are TOTALLY kindred spirits. my husband is in dental school right now in CA and i TOTALLY wanna move back to DFW where i grew up so you're anxiety post really had me. anywho.. i'm a stalker now! k :) just thought you should know! ps. you're Elliot is SOOO cute. that was one of my names too.