Sunday, April 4, 2010

E's 1st Easter

What a wonderful Easter we had. We started things off by making breakfast. Lane just got home from working all night, so I wanted to treat him to something nice. Then I let E check out her Easter basket.

Now I wasn't even going to do an Easter basket this year since she doesn't really know what's going on. However when my mom heard about this she laid a guilt trip on me & said that I got an Easter basket my first year. I started to feel bad & went to get everything. I picked out candy that I would like since I'll be eating it. I thought I'd throw in a book as well. So $20 later here we are. Elliot will have to thank her grammy when she's older for making sure she had nothing but the best.

This afternoon we met up with Brian & Christina at her dad's house for dinner. He cooked the best brisket ever! I ate so much! Now we're at home just relaxing & getting ready for the week ahead.

13 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Her dress is soooo cute!!! And $20 on an Easter basket is way better than my $20 on a painting.

the tatsaks said...

I love her little dress!!!

Jami said...

She did need a basket. Eleanor liked the book she got in her basket. She even picked up a few eggs at mom and dad's. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Charly's basket had baby food in it. What a boring mom I am! I LOVE her dress.

Bexie Funk said...

we didn't so much with easter baskets this year we got a house instead so i don't feel too bad.

The Piersons said...

I am in love with her dress, so cute! And we got Carson a basket too, filled with candy for me to eat, nothing for him...I'm not a very good mother. :)

Lindsey said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her Easter outfit! She is such a cutie. And haha I like her basket too. Glad you'll be able to enjoy it!

Alys said...

I've been waiting for posts from you, wondering what has been going on with you three. Looks like it was a fun weekend. And, just so you know, Harrison did not get an Easter basket. I am too cheap right now. I figure maybe next year, even then he might be young. I don't know. I just don't want to put too much emphasis on the "hallmark"-ization of holidays.

Abby Batlle said...

Love that dress!!! Wow! She is so bright-eyed and beautiful!

Christina Bassi said...

You always dress her up so cute. It must be fun having a little girl with all the adorable dresses. Glad you guys could make it on Easter.

Debbie said...

haha! I originally wasn't going to get Jacob a basket either. all of that for a picture! how often do we say that?! oh well, it was fun and at least you'll remember all of it! :)

Regina said...

Kelly was 2 weeks old his first Easter so he didn't get a basket from the Easter bunny. Only the grandparents. I love her little dress, but I already told you that!

Christina Bassi said...

The doctor didn't talk me out of delivering on the 15th, Brian did. He thought it would work out better with his school. I go to the hospital Sunday at 6pm and Garek should be born Monday morning.