Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bluebonnets & Blue Bell

Today we hung out & around Brenham, Texas. I had no idea how cute this little place was. I've only driven through it on my way to Austin. But this time around we took a side road that led us into the town & I was pleasantly surprised. It was such a quaint, small town. We stopped off and ate at a spot called Almost Heaven. They had soups, sandwiches & a soda fountain. The food was delicious & they had the longest line to prove it.

Next we decided to check out the Blue Bell factory. Wouldn't you know that they literally just closed the store where you could buy ice cream 30 minutes before we got there.

However that didn't deter us. We just drove down the road a bit & stopped at one of the many gas stations that sell hand dipped cones.

Elliot decided to steal a taste of my cone.

Our last stop of the day was to the bluebonnet fields. We took pictures in a field that was full of them. I took so many, but picked my favorites to post. These are just from my camera. I'll be getting more from the others we used.

Christina, Brian & Dominic

Grandma & Grandpa Bassi with the grandkids.

My sweet pea.

Cousins.

Me & my girl. I was so sad that Lane wasn't able to be here. Unfortunately he was on call, so we had to go without him. At least this little trip occupied my day.

9 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know she had a dimple?! She is the cutest thing EVER!!!

Donnie and Laura said...

I have driven through Brenham lots too but never really been to it.. Those bluebonnet fields are beautiful- cute pictures!

Jocelyn said...

I love Bluebonnet pictures! And yum for Bluebell!

Lindsey said...

I have always wanted to go to Brenham--everyone always says it's so fun! And these bluebonnet photos are BEAUTIFUL!!

the tatsaks said...

oh my gosh! Precious, precious, precious pics!!! She is beautiful!!!

Rachel said...

Those photos are great! We're going on Wednesday...I've never been and am looking forward to the outing. These photos make me even more excited.

Good job on the easter basket too.

Alys said...

I miss the blue bonnets! I love the pic of you and E. So cute!

Christina Bassi said...

I love the picture of E eating the huge ice cream. Too funny!

Debbie said...

GORGEOUS pictures!!! you always find the most fun places to go! :)