Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Project Mom & Dad #1

While we're staying with my parents for a while, I have all these projects in my head that I want to do around their house. The house is as old as I am & I have lived in it from age 1 up to age 24, when I got married. I don't think many people can say that about their childhood home. Needless to say I have many great memories there & would love to get it back to where it once was. Since I nor my parents are made of money, we're sticking to simple things that will make a huge difference...aka...paint. And the first thing we did was turn my old bedroom in the basement from this:


That's right. I had stripes & polka dots on my wall. And I used all 70s colors. I did that piece of work when I was in high school & thought it was the coolest thing ever. I have to admit, that I still like those colors & it was a bit sad painting over them. But the finished product was a little more mature & pleasing to the eye.

Now it looks like this:


Simple & clean. I am really happy with the end product. It's so light & airy. The blue looks lighter in person than it does in the picture. So that's 1 project down & thousands to go!

14 comments:

Kashari said...

I love the stripes and bubbles, I would so do that for a little girl of mine if I have one. Though I would go with pink or purple :)

Gwen said...

What a huge difference! It looks like y'all did a great job. Good luck on the other projects!

Bexie Funk said...

nice! i love what a good paint job can do for a room, good choice.

the tatsaks said...

looks good!!! Though I always loved your room!

Jami said...

Looks good. I want to mow how you convinced mom to go to the doctor for a check up.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Paint makes such a difference. I love the color you chose! So are you all in Arlington for a while?

Alys said...

Looks much better. I love the light blue. We are doing that in our bedroom, too. I love it.

Abby Batlle said...

i like the change! you have a good decorator's eye!

{lex} said...

Looks good! Is that bedspread from Anthropology? I love it.

robert said...

Love the bed spread! and I always love blue!

Regina said...

It looks great, although I must admit that I loved it before!! That room holds so many memories!!!

Laura said...

I love the light blue! Looks great!

Lindsey said...

Very nice! I have to say, I'm very impressed with your high school self doing the stripes in bubbles too--that was adorable!!

Jan said...

I love the BLUE!!