Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Project Mom & Dad #2

I didn't even plan on tackling this project, but the opportunity presented itself. Here is my parents' living room before paint. I should have taken the picture before we moved everything to the middle.

Here it is after. Now I can't take full credit for the paint job. We hired someone to paint the walls because we have 2 that are super high & impossible to do on our own. The color is called Gray Timberwolf. On the little color swatch it looked more gray with maybe a hint of blue. But on the walls it's blue. My mom refuses to call it blue, but either way it looks way better than it did before.

Now what I will take credit for are the curtains and all the woodwork in the living room, including the fireplace. I repainted it all white. I didn't realize how much woodwork we actually have. It took me FOREVER. In the top picture you can see part of the banister. It has wooden poles that I had to do & that was really tedious. I will also take credit for convincing my parents to hire a painter. It's been about 15 years since they painted the walls & now things look fresh.

10 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OH my gosh!!! That looks so much better. I LOVE that blue/gray color. I just repainted my master bedroom that color. LOVE the white fireplace and curtains. It looks so fresh and clean!

Jami said...

It really turned out well.

Alys said...

Your parents are going to be sad you are leaving soon. You did a good job. And, I don't blame you for hiring painters.

Regina said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.

Abby Batlle said...

i am very impressed!! very good update!

Bexie Funk said...

painting a banister, that is a lesson in patience! good job it looks great!

the tatsaks said...

Looks so good! And I think you could pass for 20!

Laura said...

It really is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do to a room! It looks really nice! Good job!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Looks great!

Lindsey said...

You did an awesome job! I love before and after pictures--the "blue" looks so good!