Monday, August 9, 2010

Big Girl Car Seat

It was finally time to get Elliot a new car seat. I looked around & narrowed it down to the Graco 360 & the Evenflo 65 LX. After checking them both out, I settled on the Evenflo for a few reasons. If you're in the market for one, here's why I bought this one. 1) The material. Most of the car seats I saw were these suede materials that feel really comfortable, but in Texas the poor babies will sweat to death in them! 2) This is the MAIN reason. The straps are so EASY to adjust! You don't have to re thread them as your child gets older. They are on a track, so you just have to slide them up! And they are so easy to loosen & tighten.

Here she is. Don't her legs look so long?!

Passed out. This is the only thing I DON'T like about this car seat. When she falls asleep, her poor little head just rolls over. Drives me insane. I think the car seats with bigger wings may prevent this, but I don't know. It's possible that all car seats have the same problems. It's really only a problem when we go on road trips. Otherwise, we're not in the car too long. Overall I give this car seat 2 thumbs up!

17 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK so cute. I LOVE the first time they ride front facing. They get so excited!!!! I'm going to have to go buy another one soon. Charly can't switch yet since she's still too small, but Sage won't be old or big enough for a booster seat before Charly is ready for a front facing one. I'm going to end up with a thousand car seats. Oh and I think all car seats don't provide enough head support. Sage's head did that too.

Jaymie and Justin said...

That's nice she is old enough to face forward now. She does look tall.

Kashari said...

She is getting big! and beautiful of course. Time really does fly by fast. Pretty soon she won't need a car seat :)

Jocelyn said...

Poor thing... she does look kind of uncomfortable with her head hung over like that! But with those long legs, it looks like she needed the "big girl" car seat!

Paige said...

Our Britax has the big wings on the sides so their heads don't really flop when they fall asleep. The straps on it are hard though, you have to take it all apart to move them up as they get taller.

Alys said...

Yeah, I need to start looking for one for Harrison. He is so big in his rear facing car seat. And, I like the circle pattern. Very fun!

Allison said...

We have several of the same carseats and love them. I wish I would of none as we have 2 of the exact same ones in the attic (different fabric design) in great condition that we are trying to get rid of that Landon only used for about 2 years or less as he is now in his 3rd car seat that turns into the booster. One of the carseats was in Jason's truck and was barely used. We have spent a fortune on car seats for our 2 kids! And I think in all car seats the kids head slumps down, even in Emerson's $250 Britax seat.

Lindsey said...

She is growing up so fast!

Bexie Funk said...

i love when they're big enough to sit forward, they get so excited!

Debbie said...

Jacob has this same carseat in my parents car. we like it a lot. I think almost all car seats force their heads to flop to the side when the sleep. what a pain!

it's so much more fun when they face frontwards! they love it a lot more now that they can actually see what's going on!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Well the fabric looks cute too. You should include that on your list.

Jami said...

It will be better when you face it forward.

Brenden said...

I'm glad I saw this because Graham's head does the same thing when he's passed out!! I must look like a crazy lady with one arm in the back holding his head to the seat and trying to drive. He only does it when he is really sound asleep though. I was worried something was wrong with our car seat because I've never seen that before. Now I feel better knowing I'm not the only one!

The Hickman Family said...

She looks sooo BIG! I can't believe how much she's grown. It's always fun to put them in a big girl car seat.

the tatsaks said...

That is so exciting! She looks so big!

Regina said...

Yay! I seriously think it makes things so much easier ( and roomier) when they face forward. I am not looking forward to purchasing a new toddler carseat. Let me know how yours holds up!!

Christina Bassi said...

I think that happens with all car seats. We hate that too. I bet she is happy to finally be able to see everything now!