Tuesday, August 31, 2010

AH-MAZING!



Yesterday my dad showed me an article in the paper about a little cupcake shop in Hudson Oaks (between Weatherford & Alvarado). So the next day (today) we were in the car driving the 35 minutes to get there. Yes I know that's a long way to go for a sweet treat when there's so many close by, but that was part of the fun. Let me just say that Ultimate Cupcake was worth the 35 miles it took us to get there. We got a dozen assorted cupcakes. They only have 7 flavors, but they are delicious. My personal favorite is pumpkin. Sooooo good! I'm cutting myself off today because I have already eaten 2. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but they are so decadent that I couldn't eat any more. Not that I needed more. Don't worry I replaced cupcakes for lunch. Hey it's better than eating that in addition to. Anyway, you all are in luck because you can order these divine cupcakes & have them mailed to you! I may just do that at a later date.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Wow! Those look awesome!! Might have to order some soon when I have some money to splurge. How pricey are they?

Lindsey said...

THOSE LOOK AMAZING!

Jami said...

Like the lemon poppiseed, but would really have liked to try the chocolate or pumpkin.

Unknown said...

I keep meaning to order a dozen! The owners, Tony & Malgosia Monje, are amazing individuals! They do so much for so many special causes. I am sure it was indeed worth your 35 mile trip!

The Hickman Family said...

Holy cow - those look amazing!

Christina Bassi said...

Yummy! I normally don't like cupcakes but those look tasty!

Regina said...

Yummm...they look very good. If only someone's birthday was coming up so we could get some. Oh wait....

Jan said...

YUM!!! By the way, Whitney has a great new little bakery and pie shop. We have had eclairs there--they are huge and good!! You can check it out when you come visit.