Monday, August 16, 2010

Elliot's 1st Birthday Party

Elliot had a combined party with her cousin Eleanor. They are 1 month apart, so it worked out nicely. We had it at the Howard Moore Play Pool in Arlington & it was a success. I'm so glad we decided to do it in Arlington, otherwise, her grandparents & aunts & uncles wouldn't have been there. Here are a ton of pictures...

This is the adult food table. There was chicken salad sandwiches, pasta salad & fruit.
That banner says "Happy 1st Birthday". I kick myself that I didn't punch 2 holes in each circle so people would actually be able to read it. I even thought about it, but I was just too lazy. Pathetic I know.

Here's the kid food table.
Each child had their own little sack lunch. And then there's the dessert. My sister did a fantastic job with the cakes & cupcakes.

Here's a close up of E's personal cake.

Kids goodie bags. The sticker says "Eleanor & Elliot's 1st Birthday". Inside there were Swedish Fish & gummy mermaids. (Mermaids were the theme).

Adult party favor. Again, my sister made these & I absolutely LOVE them. There's a slide show for each girl on there.

Here's the play pool area.

Exploring

Sitting with Granpops. Spiked hair courtesy of Aunt Aly.

Grandma & Aunt Aly (Lane' mom & sister)

Amy & Allison

Imogen (My niece)

Caroline

Cru & Kelly

My mom & E

My parents with the birthday girls



Jim, Lexi, Susie & Vincent

Flying high

Vincent

Daddy & E



Regina & cute little Arden

Kelly. It was so funny because he ate the little starfishes off the tops of about 4 cupcakes.

I happened to take this picture at the exact time a little kid fell into the pool. It was pretty funny. Of course they were also concerned :)

Family shot.

Cake Time!

Eleanor & her daddy

Tasting the icing



Yum!

She really wasn't interested in the cake. Lane had to stick her hand in it. She didn't eat much. But she did reach for a strawberry. I guess I should be proud.

Present time!









Great birthday party. I'll post more about her turning 1 on her real birthday.

17 comments:

Alys said...

Wow! That was quite the party. You have a lot to live up to for all the parties to come. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there.

Gwen said...

I am sooooo sad that I missed it :o) But duty called. It looked like it was an awesome party! I love the cupcake tower...very cute! Happy 1st b-day E!!!

Regina said...

It was so cute and so fun! I am so glad you were able to have it here too!

The Piersons said...

That is quite the party, looks like you guys had such a great time. I love the cakes, so fun to have a birthday with her cousin too.

KT said...

How cute! I love the theme and the cakes were awesome. How fun that Elliot has a cousin so close in age. Happy Birthday Elliot!

Debbie said...

what a fun party! that's also really great that she got to share it with her cousin, so fun! where's that play & swim place? ive never heard of it...

Jocelyn said...

Omigosh, I can't believe she's already (nearly) one year old! I know I only know y'all throught the blog, but it feels like she was just born!! Whew... time flies!

Jami said...

I think everything went great. I wouldn't mind doing a party there again.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Looked like a fun party and I LOVE the mermaid theme!!

Allison said...

How fun!! Everything looked perfect! Loved the theme and location....one advantage of having a summer birthday. Great job and Happy 1st Birthday to Elliot and Eleanor!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

TOoo cute! Happy Birthday Elliot:)

Jen-Jen said...

her party looked SO fun!! very cute table :-) i can't believe she is already 1!! can't wait to see yall next week :-)

The Hickman Family said...

That is one cute birthday party!!! You guys did a great job. I like the mermaid theme. Happy Birthday E!

Laura said...

I remember you saying you were going to do the mermaid theme... it turned out so cute! I love it!

Bexie Funk said...

those cakes look awesome, looks like quite the party!

the tatsaks said...

I really cant believe she is one! This past year has gone by sooooo fast! Feels like we were just there visiting you after you had her! The party was GREAT! Yall did such a great time planning. Cant wait for this weekend for our mommy party:)

Abby Batlle said...

Happy Birthday Elliot!! Looks like you throw a good party!