Friday, August 6, 2010

Galveston Getaway

We spent the last day & a half in Galveston. We started things off by having dinner at Fishtails. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed sitting outside. There was a nice breeze & a great view of the water. You can see the old Flagship Hotel behind us that was torn apart by Ike. I guess that's not so pretty to look at.

We then headed to Moody Gardens to check out their butterfly exhibit. I thought E would enjoy it. Well it definitely was a bust. I only saw about 5 butterflies. I think they were flying out through the netted tent! Lane & I watched one escape. But we did get a few cute pictures.





Sadly E's favorite part of the trip...

...Playing with the hotel safe. She was constantly making a b-line for it.

The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel. It was actually really good. They had a great selection. I chose a Texas shaped waffle...delish. Wish I had a picture of it. We stayed at the Comfort Suites because they had the cheapest rates. But I was very pleased with it. It wasn't dingy or anything. Our room was very nice, the bed was super comfy, & the bathroom was all granite. I highly recommend this place.

We headed into the historic district to go to one of my favorite places...La King's. It's a soda fountain. Told you I liked them.

Kid in a candy store.

We got a hot fudge sundae. Yummy!

We went back to Moody Gardens to go to Palm Beach. They have lots of shallow pools, splash pads & sandy beaches. E had a good time. She only lasted 1.5 hours but that's good considering we were there right through her nap time.





Arg!

9 comments:

Paige said...

THat is funny about the hotel safe!

Jocelyn said...

What a fun little mini-vacation!

Lindsey said...

I love La Kings!!! What a fun getaway :)

Jami said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Thought about doing a spontaneous day trip, but the cheapest rate for a room was $179. Maybe we can make a weekend trip down in early September when we can plan a little better.

Alys said...

looks like it was a lot of fun. i think we need a weekend getaway.

Justin and Allison said...

Oh that looks like fun! I'm jealous.

Gwen said...

I love the hotel safe pic! A girl after my own heart!!!

Last night we were just talking about taking a weekend trip but without the kids! I think you just gave me a little extra motivation :o)

Laura said...

Sounds nice! I love that last picture! So cute!

Christina Bassi said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. For butterflies go to the Science Museum. They say you see 50 each time you visit. I didn't count but we saw a ton.