Friday, February 18, 2011

18 Months

 Elliot is 18 months old! We had her check up yesterday & everything looks great. Here are her stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 13 oz--28%
Height: 32.5"--77%
Head: 18"--27%
Around 16 months I definitely noticed her learning so much. So I started a list that I've been keeping track of for the past 2 months. 

  • New words: nana (banana), bye bye, poo poo (Lane taught her this one), peas (please), tanku (thank you), Papa, ball, baby, no, hot, uh oh, car, up, choo choo, go, all gone, teeth, bath, nose, eye, faffle (waffle), cheese
  • She can identify her body parts. Tongue, cheek, knees & shoulders are new additions.
  • She identifies animals by pointing when asked. Can also identify most of their sounds.
  • When asked her name, she responds "E". I never call her this, so I'm not sure why.
  • She can follow simple directions. Example-Throw __ away. Go get your shoes. etc.
  • She makes this surprised look when she hears a noise or just for the heck of it.
  • After taking a drink, she will let out a big "Ahh!"
  • She will shake her head yes only half way. So basically she raises her chin. I don't know why she won't finish it out.
  • Oddity- Randomly she will touch her chin to her right shoulder while she's walking. Very weird.
  • Her favorite (annoying) thing to do right now is turn off the tv. It's a pain because we have to wait about 10 seconds before you can turn it back on. She'll also turn off the cable box which is also a pain because when you turn it back on it automatically turns onto the Spanish channel & I then have to switch it back to what we were watching.
All in all, she is doing great & is so much fun!

9 comments:

Regina said...

I want to hear her say Ahhh after drinking!! That's so funny! You have to let me know how nursery goes this Sunday!! So exciting!

Laura said...

Yeah, that is weird about the stats. I thought the doctors all used the same chart. Maybe the nurse needs some new glasses or something.

Lindsay loves to turn off the TV too. I have no idea why that is so fun for kids.

And that made me laugh about her saying, "ahh" after taking a drink. How funny!

The Hickman Family said...

I can't believe she's 18 months! We've been gone so long.

Jami said...

So she is a little smaller than Eleanor. I thought she was taller. It interesting that you have 32 inches in the 77%, Eleanor was 33, and it was only in the 28%.

Jocelyn said...

I love "E" updates! And I can't wait for my "E" to start talking... it seems like so many big changes happen between 12-18 months. He'll be 18 months old in June, and it just blows my mind to think of what a big boy he'll be this summer!

Debbie said...

that's funny about her saying "ahh". Jacob was doing that for a little bit...so funny! Ya know, I don't think we were ever given a head circumference # for Jacob! I remember them doing it a few times but they never told us. Oh well. As far as the turning off the TV and cable box....Badi taped these plastic pieces (from a memory card holder) over all the important buttons. Best idea ever. (totally ghetto but it works!) Jacob hasn't done it since b/c he knows he cant. muah ah ha!! ;)

Christina Bassi said...

She is doing so many new things. I wish we lived closer so we could see you guys. We do miss you guys.

the tatsaks said...

I cant believe how big she is getting! you need to post some videos of her words!

Lindsey said...

she's growing up so fast!