Wednesday, February 23, 2011

THE List

The day has come for rank lists to be submitted. What a roller coaster this decision has been. It changed at least 10 times! Each time more stressful than the last because it's always after I have come to terms with it and then we switch it. Without further ado, here are the ER programs we would like to attend in order of preference:
1) UT Southwestern (Dallas)
2) Carolinas Medical Center (Charlotte, NC)
3) Vanderbilt (Nashville, TN)
4) U of Utah (Salt Lake)
5) U of New Mexico (Albuquerque)
6) U of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC)
7) John Peter Smith (Fort Worth)
8) U of Texas (Houston)
9) Baylor (Houston)
Before Lane had any interviews, we said we would for sure put Dallas as #1 and  JPS #2. After he had interviews, Carolinas was #1, Vanderbilt #2 & Dallas #3. In fact we kept it that way for about 3 weeks. Then all the changing around happened. We switched Dallas back to #1 for a minute & decided to change our minds and put Carolinas back on top. We thought that decision was final until we both couldn't sleep that night because we had so much anxiety. That's when Dallas went back to #1 and we haven't looked back. 

Honestly, we would be happy at any of the programs. They all had great things to offer. I am about 90% sure Lane will get into Dallas and 100% sure he would get into Carolinas. I feel I can say that because I'm not talking about me. He has gotten nice letters from both schools, but the Carolinas were more up front about him being able to go there. So we'll find out for sure on March 17th. Stay tuned.

12 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

talk about nerve wracking! I'm glad that phase is over! i'm so excited to see where you end up!

Regina said...

Eke!!! So exciting!

Jocelyn said...

Good luck!!!! I bet you'll be on pins and needles for the next three weeks!!

KT said...

I can't wait for March 17th! The closer it gets the more excited I get. And I can't wait to start planning things especially finding somewhere to live.

Caitlin said...

Dallas would be awesome, since that's where your family and friends live. But the Carolina one.. what an adventure! And it's only a few years, right?

What happens if you get into both of them? Will you just go to Dallas? Or does it not work like that?

I hope you find something to keep you occupied until Mar 17th!

Alys said...

I kind of want you to come to SLC, just so we can be closer. But, really, it will be perfect wherever you go. If it is not Dallas, it will be a fun adventure for a few years that you will be able to look back on and have lots of good memories. I am kind of jealous.

Jami said...

We would like to have you guys here. The girls can't wait to see their cousin tomorrow.
Besides this way you can't steal mom and dad away.

Jaymie and Justin said...

That's exciting that you will find out on your wedding anniversary! It's so close!

the tatsaks said...

The anitipation is KILLING me!

Lindsey said...

Ahhh so exciting and crazy at the same time!! I can't wait to hear and am glad that you would love any on the list too!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I totally see why you'd say Dallas as #1, (I would pick that too) but Carolina's sure sounds pretty. :) Can't wait to hear where you're heading!

Debbie said...

how exciting! cant wait to hear where you guys end up!