Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today Lane got up early to make me breakfast & a snack for later in the day. I heard him shuffling around in the kitchen as I lay in bed. Unfortunately for him, Elliot woke up earlier than usual & definitely wasn't leaving him alone. After a while, I finally emerged & asked if it was ok to enter the kitchen. Come to find out, he didn't even get to breakfast & my "snack" didn't turn out :( I did see what he was trying to do though. He had melted chocolate & tried to freeze it & then was trying to cut out a heart & decorate it with candy. I think he underestimated the amount of time it takes to actually freeze chocolate (more than 10 minutes). Oh well. Our day went normal like any other day. We did go eat at our favorite Indian place, Masala Wok. We were home by 5:15. Yes, we ate super early! That's just how things go when you have a kid. Plus we were really hungry. I was going to make these delicious looking black bottom cupcakes, but was too full to even think about dessert. Crazy, I know!
Here's E opening her little treat. I was for sure she liked it, but she didn't really care. It was a sucker that you put in your mouth like a pacifier & on the other side it was a pair of lips. I thought that would make for a funny picture, but no dice.
This is my gift to Lane. There were 5 total. They are homemade scratch off cards. Whatever match he made, was what he won.  He got me 2 Salsa lessons. Hopefully we'll be able to use them.

6 comments:

Alys said...

Sounds like it was a fun day overall. I always love to hear what creative things Lane does for you. Sean doesn't do stuff like that, but I don't really want him to so, that's why we work so well together. Ha! Happy Valentine's Day!

Christina Bassi said...

Cute card idea. You are so crafty. Glad you guys had a good one.

Jami said...

That's a cute idea. It was also nice of him to at least try to make something.

the tatsaks said...

Thats cute! How did you make that?

Laura said...

I love that Lucky Lotto card... so clever! I'll ask you how you made it when we come visit teach so that I can borrow that idea for the future. :)

Lindsey said...

Fun! I had a brilliant plan to wake up early and make Nathan breakfast but sadly I couldn't make myself get up at 5, LOL...sometimes plans don't quite work out, haha. And yum I love Masala Wok!! What was on the scratch cards?