Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Weeks


Now that I'm going to the OB every 2 weeks, I'm going to do little updates & pictures accordingly. So bare with me on these. I want to make a collage of belly shots for Davis's baby book. Therefore you will be seeing a lot of me in the same pose. Sorry about that! Well I am now in the 8th month of my pregnancy. I finally hit week 30 meaning I only have 10 more weeks to go, possibly less...hopefully less! Elliot came 1 week early & I have a feeling it will be the same thing with Davis, but maybe even 2 weeks early...fingers crossed.

I don't know how I can get any bigger. Even though my doctor says I'm measuring a little small, my stomach feels like it's reached it's full capacity. I can't imagine him getting any bigger. There is no space left for him. Which makes for lots of uncomfortable days for me. I am no longer able to sit upright on the couch. I really need to be sprawled out. And driving in the car is difficult as well, so I try not to go very far. I'm still having a little acid reflux here & there. But a big issue I'm having right now is leg cramps. I'm talking charly horses all up and down my legs & they usually come in the middle of the night. I did not have these with Elliot, so I was seriously thinking something was wrong. But apparently it's because of the heat and maybe because I need more calcium. I am also a lot more tired this time around. With E, I worked up until I had her, so I have no idea how I had more energy then. But now, it's hard for me to get up & going in the mornings. And in the afternoons, I'm exhausted.

Enough complaining. On the more interesting side of things, Davis's skin is now opaque, his bones have hardened except for his skull, and hair on his head is starting to grow. From this point on he is supposed to accumulate fat more rapidly, which means I will be gaining lots more weight :( I weighed in at 119.6, but I might as well round it up to 120. I'll probably be there by the end of today anyway. That's a total so far of 14 pounds since the beginning. But I think I gained 3 pounds since the last time I was there, which has only been 2 weeks! I guess I need to lay of the Haagen Daz & Blue Bell.

12 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Oh Jalei. 120 lbs. I think I weighed that in the 8th grade. You look fab. And charly horses are the WORST!!!

Alys said...

Yea, I outweighed you by a bit at that point in my pregnancy. I think I was up to 135 at 40 weeks. Good thing is I am back down to my prepregnancy weight.

Allison said...

You look great! Yep, I haven't weighed 120lbs. since about 8th grade as well! Make me sick! :) I had leg cramps real bad too with Landon. I think mine was the heat as well. I remember being so miserable that summer. Hang in there and stay cool! So glad you are home where you have family now to help out although we miss you.

Debbie said...

Pretty sure I was born larger than 119 and I definitely had gained more weight by 30 weeks in both of my pregnancies. Ugh. haha :)

Jami said...

Your more tired because you have to run after Elliot. As for the weight, stop complaining. I weighed 120 before I got pregnant the first time, not 30 weeks in.

The Hickman Family said...

You are one cute petite prego mamma! I can't believe you weigh 5 pounds less than me and you're 8 months pregnant! Not to scare you, but each of my pregnancies has gotten harder and more uncomfortable each time. I think it's because you never have time to rest. You're constantly busy with your other kids. What we go through for our kids! Charlie horses are horrible too.

Jocelyn said...

Yep, a lot of people are jealous of your weight (me included!). I haven't weighed 120 since my freshman year of college (first semester, before I finished putting on my freshman 15). You look great... hard to believe you're already 30 weeks!

Stacey said...

Jalei, you look fabulous. what a cute mom you are. I love reading your blog and hearing about your family.

Jan said...

Hang in there! You are doing GREAT!

Caitlin said...

You look so great! I'm sorry everything is so uncomfortable for you right now. I'll cross my fingers that you get your wish and he comes a bit early.

the tatsaks said...

SERIOUSLY! 120!!! you make me sick! But you look amazing!!!

Fernando said...

30 weeks and only 120 lbs? That's crazy because many pregnant ladies start around that weight. Can't believe you only gained 14 lbs since the beginning. Diane passed that a long time ago. We're hoping for some good size twins, though.