Sunday, August 14, 2011

Milk & Cookies Party: Elliot's 2nd Birthday

Yesterday we had Elliot's 2nd birthday party at the house. It was a milk & cookies theme. We woke up to pouring rain. On one hand I was so happy that we finally got some. But on the other hand, of all days, it had to be on E's party day? What are the odds with the drought that we're going through. Plus Lane hadn't mowed the lawn yet, so he had to do it when it was all wet...gross. 

FYI, none of these ideas were my own. I took them from this lady's blog. Her party was a lot fancier looking than mine, but I loved how ours turned out. Everything went great. I felt like everyone had a good time & that's all that matters. It was definitely a full house at our place...20 adults and 24 kids. Thank you to all that came & helped celebrate with us and for all the wonderful gifts! Enjoy the pictures...

It's too bad we didn't even cut the cake. In fact, we still haven't tasted it yet. There were just so many cookies, that I don't think anyone had the appetite for one more sweet thing.
Kids cupcakes


Cookie bags
Those are picture tags on the cups. I think that was one of my favorite details.
Elliot puts her fingers to her cheeks when she says "cheese" because of the song "when you're happy & you know it".

We actually did a redo on the cake which is why there is no table cloth. Everyone had gone home at this point.
I wanted to get a picture of her blowing out the candle, since she has learned how since her 1st birthday.
Her favorite part about the presents was the tissue paper.
So glad I decided to put out the pool. It was a muggy day. Not sure if I would have preferred it to be hot & sunny or overcast & humid. It's a lose lose either way.



Thanks to Amy for lending me the bounce house. It was a hit.

18 comments:

Jami said...

The girls had tons of fun. They loved the cookie bar. Hope she has a great birthday.

alan751 said...

Sorry we missed the party. The decorations were so cute and the food looks great. I got the outfit from Kohl's if you need to exchange.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Such a cute party idea! I need you to come do Charly's party on Tuesday.

Regina said...

You did a great job!! After we left, I got bummed because I didn't get a piece of that chocolate cake!!

KT said...

Looks like an awesome party! I love the theme. Happy Birthday Elliot!

Brenden said...

What a cute theme, love all the decorations! Just think, next year you will be planning 2 parties! :)

Allison said...

Wow, Jalei! Awesome job! I love the theme, decorations, and food. Are you for hire?? :) All of those cookies made my mouth water. Yum! Wish we could of been there to celebrate. Sending birthday love to Elliot!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Very cute decorations! That is a lot of people at your house, but glad it was fun!

Gwen said...

Seriously, I'm still mad that I left my sugar cookies behind! E was cute as a button and I'm sure you made her day! Everything was FABULOUS!!!

Laura said...

I my goodness! That looks delicious!!! I wish we lived in Fort Worth so we could have come too. :) I love you ideas (even when they are someone elses)... you throw the coolest parties!

Happy Birthday Elliot!

Diane said...

Milk and cookies?! That is brilliant! How is the elephant blanket coming? I love the new layout of your blog. Super cute!

Jocelyn said...

What a fun theme! It looks like y'all had a great party!

Bexie Funk said...

i love that theme! we do really low key parties but that is so cute i just might have to use it!

Jan said...

What a great party!!! We all had a blast and the kids all did great-we love you and sweet Elliot!

Jan said...

What a great party!!! We all had a blast and the kids all did great-we love you and sweet Elliot!

the tatsaks said...

The party was AWESOME!!! Definitley my kind of party!!!

Christina Bassi said...

So adorable!!! Yes I could see why no one touched the cake. So many goodies. I bet Elliot was in heaven. We wish we could of been there to celebrate with you guys.

Debbie said...

cuuuute party!!! love the theme! so hard to believe she is already 2! happy late birthday to her!! :)