Friday, August 19, 2011

Elliot is 2!

Today was Elliot's 2nd birthday. The one day I actually had to wake up early (I had an OB appt in Dallas at 8am, so we had to be out the door at 6:50am), wouldn't you know miss priss decided to sleep in! Usually she waltzes into our room at 6 or 6:30, but today we had to wake her up. I felt so bad. She's usually grumpy if she gets woken up.



 Luckily, she awoke to a room filled with balloons & streamers hanging from the door.
That made things ok.

I had wanted to get donuts for breakfast, but like I said we had to be up super early & there wasn't enough time. So I fed her once we got to my appointment. 

The rest of the day was all about Elliot. I took her to that Indoor Safari Park that we have been to once before. You know the love I have for that place (sarcasm). But she enjoyed herself.



After, we came back home for a nap. Dad had gotten home by the time she woke up, so we all got to be together.
 I finally got to hang up the Birthday Banner!
 We made a stop by Barnes & Noble to pick up 2 books. Owl at Home & Toad and Frog Together. I used to love those books when I was a kid. Then we went to the splash pad that we love, but it was out of order. So we settled for filling up the pool in the back yard. That way we all got to enjoy the cool water. For dinner we headed to Applebee's.
Once we were back home, she opened a small gift from mom & dad. I knew she would love this shirt. She is in a major Elmo phase right now. I'm talking watching Elmo dvds at least twice a day, sleeping with her Tickle Me Elmo & Elmo book. Yep, it's serious.
 Cake Time! I made this baby myself. Can you tell I'm proud? I've never done a cake like this.
 She liked it as well.
Family shot.

Elliot is at such a fun age. She is constantly saying new phrases & often repeating what we say. She is definitely turning into a little girl. Not just a baby anymore. She has started to get into coloring. She loves to be tickled more than any kid I know. We love her so much!

11 comments:

Jami said...

I'm glad shenhad a good birthday. The cake looks great.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!! Looks like it was a great day filled with fun! So, you did decide to try out the indoor safari place again?? It's all about what the kids like, right?? :) The Elmo cake is precious...good job! And we can totally relate to the kids always sleeping in on the wrong days. It happens all the time to us too. I swear they know!

Gwen said...

Check you out! That cake is flawless. I love how she sticks her index fingers into her cheeks when she smiles. She looks so exhausted in the last picture. That just means that she had a full and wonderful day! Good job guys!!!

the tatsaks said...

Happy Birthday Elliot!!! Looks like yall had a great day!!! And that cake is AWESOME!!!! I showed Andrew and told him you made it and he said "Shes lying." HA!! Great job!!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

So cute. Way to go on the cake, Martha. Looks awesome!

Regina said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed by that cake! You are going to have to teach me how to so that! I think it is adorable how she points to her dimples in pictures!!! And glad she likes her Tickle me Elmo!

Fernando said...

Great job on the cake.

The Hickman Family said...

You did an awesome job on the cake! I bet you kinda felt bad cutting into it! Enjoy E as much as you can before Davis comes along.

Alys said...

Ahh!!! I haven't checked private blogs in a while. You are looking good, getting closer, and lucky to have small babies. I have huge babies, but just accept it now. Elliot's birthday looked like a lot of fun.

Christina Bassi said...

Looks like she had a very special day. I love the elmo cake very cute. We use to watch elmo clips on youtube. They have some cute ones. We loved the one with elmo and the four ducks.

Debbie said...

awesome cake, Jalei!!