Friday, December 23, 2011

Date Night: New Year's Eve

It's hard to believe it's been over a month since Lane & I have had a date. I said on my last date post that we were going to make it a regular thing. Well time has flown by, but I have big ambitions for the upcoming year. Last weekend my sister had a Polar Express sleepover that Elliot attended, so we used that as the perfect excuse to go out. Now we just had to find a place for Davis...grandparents (Lane's) of course! I wish I would have taken a picture (again, like I said I would). I actually dressed up. But instead we were rushing and at the same time wondering how the heck we left our house at 5:30 and barely made it to our 7:20 movie in time. Seriously. I guess with dropping E off and then D off, plus traffic across town, it just takes time. Oh ya, about 5 miles into our drive, I asked, "did we remember to turn the George Foreman off?" Lane hates it when I do this. So we had to turn around and go back home to check. Of course it was unplugged, but you just can't take that chance, right? Anyway, we went to see New Year's Eve. It's one of those movies I didn't have high hopes for, but wanted to see anyway. Well I really liked it. Maybe it was the low expectations. But I thought it was very entertaining & it even got a few tears out of me at the end. All in all, we had a great time together, and the cheese fries at Studio Movie Grill were awesome too!

2 comments:

Jami said...

No interest in the movie. We're using our groupon for Sherlock Holmes. Patrick did say the fries were good. Glad we could help with the babysitting.

Debbie said...

awww. we went to see this yesterday. i was the same way! either low expectations or it really was cute. either way, i really enjoyed it. and, i shed a few tears, too. that father-daughter stuff gets me every time!