Friday, November 16, 2012

How Are You Feeling?

I'm constantly asked "How are you feeling?" or "How is the pregnancy going?" and I give the same answer--Really well. Can't complain, no sickness. But what I'm really thinking is--I'm way too tired, my body is physically exhausted and I'm grumpy all the time! Unfortunately, Lane & the kids are the only ones who hear my complaints. So just for record keeping sake, let me expand on each one:
1) Way too tired- I find it sad, that by 9 or 10 in the morning, I'm struggling to keep my eyes open & just praying that Davis will be ready for his morning nap so I can lay down. It's pathetic. I'm usually up every day by 6am and I go to bed a lot earlier than most people I know, but it doesn't seem to help. And if I do get a second to lay down, that means that I won't be getting a shower until around 2pm. There's no good solution.
2) Body is physically exhausted- Even sitting on the couch is no relief. I pretty much need to be sleeping to relax. I feel like Perry is so crammed in there & constantly poking me. I keep thinking I might have this baby early. But she's only weighing about 4 lbs right now & the sono lady said there's still plenty of room for her...great. Davis is not going easy on me these days. He is always hanging onto my legs, which makes it really hard to walk around. I have to end up carrying him around most of the time. And on top of that my stomach feels like it's having 1 constant contraction nonstop.
3) Grumpy Pants- This should probably be my new nickname. I don't remember being like this when I was pregnant with Davis. But boy am I grumpy. Every day I'm mad about #s 1 & 2 and my mood is pretty sour. By the end of the day I have just had it. My patience is running thin and I am very unpleasant to be around. Whenever Lane is available to help out, I pretty much lay there in a coma refusing to get up, even if the kids are running around like wild animals. Like today, Davis didn't take his morning nap. I keep thinking he might be in the process of switching to 1 nap a day. Anyway, he finally went down around 1pm. I was expecting a good 2-3 hour nap. Instead I got 40 lousy minutes. I almost cried when I heard him on the monitor. I was so peeved by that point that I told Lane to load the kids up & drive around. I didn't care where to. So off we went for about an hour. Did he fall asleep? Not until we pulled into the driveway. Did he stay asleep? NO. And lately I feel it necessary to reward myself with a milkshake if I feel overly stressed. I've had 3 in the past 5 days if that tells you anything.

So sorry for this horribly negative post. I just want to document how pregnancy makes me feel so I can remember to never get pregnant again :)

4 comments:

Greg and Nancy said...

I don't live that far away -- can I borrow your kids for an afternoon? I'm totally serious. I am more than happy to do it if you need a break.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Thanks for posting this. For real. I have been having MAJOR baby cravings but keep thinking about what a beotch I am when I'm pregnant. I am so awful to be around the whole 9 months. I feel for you!!! Wish I was there to help.

Jocelyn said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time... but hey, yay for you for keeping it real on your blog.

Lindsey said...

I love reading the posts that tell it like it really is! I had one friend tell me that her pregnancy feels like someone just stuck a knife up her and is twisting it around, so at least you don't have that...lol. Sending lots of naps your way!! (I can't even imagine being pregnant with two kids!)