Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The BIG 3-0

I thought I would wake up on my birthday (Nov 2) with a sad feeling, but instead I just felt neutral. I'm actually quite happy with that. I don't feel any different from yesterday. I always wondered how I would react to turning 30. Luckily there is no depression going on :)

Lane started my day off right by getting donuts. Can't go wrong there. But then he had to go to a training from 8-12pm, so that was a bummer. I took Elliot to her friend's birthday party, so at least we had something else to do. That night we celebrated by going out to eat. Originally we had planned to go to the Brownstone in Fort Worth. We thought a fancy restaurant was in order. But when Lane heard that I had planned on ordering a hamburger, he said we might as well go somewhere more casual. And so we did. We ended up at Chuy's, which I was just as happy with. I've been wanting to go there for months now. I ate entirely too much, but that's ok. After dinner we headed to Four Day Weekend, an improv show. It was really funny. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures.

I have to say on Lane's behalf, I spoiled myself rotten. I got some clothes, jewelry, shoes, a purse. Pretty much whatever my little heart wanted. You only turn 30 once right? Here are a couple of pictures of my loot.
 I wasn't originally looking for running shoes, but Lane informed me that mine were really ugly & clunky. He's right on that one, so I was happy to oblige. Those black ones have like a 4-5 inch heel. I'm still pretty shaky, so I will have to practice walking in them. I finally found a pair of leopard shoes. I've been wearing this beat up pair from Target for the past 3 years. It was time. And I'm so excited to wear those boots. When I tried them on, they felt like butter. I knew it was meant to be.
This purse is my big gift. I actually got it about 2 months ago, but didn't allow myself to wear it until today. I have never had a nice purse and I'm slightly obsessed with this one, which is a good thing since I plan on using it forever. And my mom got me a wallet which I was due for. All in all I scored big time.

Last night I had a girls dinner which was so fun. I always love getting together with my girls. It was pretty funny, when I walked into Amy's I noticed she & Regina had the same shirt on. They got them at different stores, but they were the same color & style. Then Regina pointed out that Amy & I actually had the same shirt on, but different colors. She was right. Guess we all have the same taste :) Cheesecake Factory is always a hit with us. We closed down the place. They made them sing happy birthday to me, which I hated. There is nothing more embarrassing than having to sit & stare at the people singing to you. Oh well, I endured. Thanks to all the people who made me feel so special on my birthday!

9 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

LOVE the loot! I'm glad you got to spoil yourself a little. You deserve it!!!!

Gwen said...

Happy birthday girly! You made out like a bandit! Shoes AND handbags?? A girl after my own heart :o)

Jocelyn said...

Happy (belated) birthday!!! Honestly, I didn't think 30 was so bad either... but Eli was only three months old, and I was feeling super blessed because I pretty much had (and still have) everything in life I ever wanted!

CUTE shoes! And where is your puse from??

I hope 30 is an awesome year for you!

Jami said...

Those are some cute shoes. Glad you had a good birthday.

Allison said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like the big 3-0 was a good one for you! Love your loot! And of course, what's a birthday without stuffing your face with delicious food...my favorite part of celebrating a birthday. :)

Regina said...

You always go all out for yourself on your birthday, I need to do better at that!! LOVE all your new stuff!

The Hickman Family said...

Yay happy birthday! You did score big. Love the shoes and purse.

Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And I am in love with your new boots. Where did you get them?? You will have to post pics of them with outfits too. THEY ARE SO CUTE!!

Debbie said...

Happy belated birthday! and awesome gifts! way to treat yourself. I need to start doing that. glad you had a great day!! :)