Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dewberry Farms


This is our 2nd year to come to Dewberry Farms in Katy, TX. This time we got there while the sun was still out & we were able to walk through the pumpkin patch & pick our favorites. These were the 2 beauties we decided on. I really worked for these. We had to lug them 1/2 mile to the front to pay for them & then another 1/4 mile to put them in the car! They each weighed 25 pounds! We were all sweaty before we even got inside the place.

Most everything to do there is geared towards families with children, but did that stop us?...NO! We made the most of it for sure. This giant slide looks like a lot more fun than it really is. I expected to go faster.

This would have to be my favorite. It's called the human gerbil wheel & you can see why. We were laughing so hard as we were running inside this. Notice Lane stretched himself as far as he could go so he could spin completely upside down as it rolled.

Yes I made everyone stop & take a picture at this goofy farmer scene. I couldn't resist!

You can't tell, but we're actually sitting in a tiny barrel painted to look like an ear of corn. A tractor was pulling the train. Now this ride could have been pretty slow & boring, but Lane & Christian kept it lively for the entire ride with their hoots & hollers & throwing their hands in the air & eventually getting the rest of the riders to follow suit.

The last thing we did, I didn't get a picture of...the swings. It was the kind that swung them around in a circle. And they weren't really swings as much as they were a rope with a sand bag tied to it. We actually didn't ride them. We just observed for a long time. We felt kind of bad taking turns away from kids because there were only 4 swings. Towards the end, the boys both ran in & would swing the other kids who they didn't know around as fast as they could. This turned out to be the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. I've never seen so many kids fly off & one even knocked Lane off his feet! Every time some one would get off a swing, Lane & Christian would yell "OPEN BAG!" You could see everyone charge the swing. One time Christian grabbed it & this short chubby kid jumped on him! Ahh, good times!

11 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Fun!!!

Jami said...

I can't wait until we get to go the corn maze in two weeks. I think it is supposed to be a lot like this. It looks like tons of fun. I'm sure the girls are going to have a blast.

Bexie Funk said...

that's hilarious. my brother and sister went there last week with their families and said it was a blast! i'm jealous!

the tatsaks said...

sounds like fun. We are going to a pumpkin patch on Thursday and I am so excited because I have never been to one!

Jan said...

I love all of your pumpkins--it gets me all excited for Halloween! I can't wait to see your pumpkins all carved up!!!!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

How fun! What a neat place to go. That reminds me we still need to get our pumpkins.

Regina said...

Love the pic of the Gerbil Wheel. You two are nuts.

Alys said...

Sounds like fun. I want to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend. Those pumpkins are huge! Have fun carving them.

The Piersons said...

How fun, I wonder if they have anything like that around here. I love this time of the year!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Love the gerbil wheel!!! So fun. I'd be barfing.

Allison said...

I'm so jealous!! Looks like fun! We were suppose to take the kids last Sunday, but I came down with the stomach bug that Landon so graciously shared with me in addition to my crazy allergies. We are hoping to go soon...can't wait!