Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mustang Island



This weekend we went to visit Lane's grandparents in Beeville & decided to make a weekend of it & head down to Mustang Island that night to camp. The weather was perfect! It was so much fun. We set up our tent right on the beach! Lane worked on getting the fire going. He had to convince me that he really was an Eagle Scout. For some reason, every time we try to build a fire, it never works very well. But after a while he got one going with the help of the duraflame. There were so many stars in the sky & it was nice to just listen to the waves all night.

Here's the view from our tent with a little added decoration:) I'm so glad we had a free weekend where we could squeeze in a little fun.

12 comments:

Alys said...

Sounds like you two had fun. I want to go camping on the beach. I don't know how you find time to go camping. I am impressed.

the tatsaks said...

I am so jealous. I would love to go do stuff like that. How did you do your pics like that, it looks so cute.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Ah, I LOVE your drawing in the sand. It's so pretty you could blow it up and frame it. Sounds like a fun weekend!

And, to answer your question. Yes, I've been wearing my makeup, every day since I got back!!! Go me!

KT said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I want to build a fire on the beach. You guys are always doing fun stuff. I'm not surprised you squeezed it in!

Jalei & Lane said...

Amy-Just upload the pictures & then you can adjust the size & move them around by clicking on them.

Jami said...

Looks like fun. I miss camping. I think that having a hard time getting fires going is just what happens when guys are trying to show off. Remember our first camping trip?

Debbie said...

what a fun getaway!! great pictures, too! :)

Julianne said...

What a fun weekend - sounds great.

Allison said...

Looks like fun! We went to Mustang Island on a family trip a long time ago. I would love to camp out on the beach....of course in decent cool weather!

Regina said...

Cute cute. Sounds like this camping trip turned out a little better than last years. That is so pretty!! And I can totally tell that is your handwriting. Weird.

Christina Bassi said...

How much fun! We are so jealous. We have been wanting to go camping for awhile now. Where is Mustang Island? It looks nice.

Jalei & Lane said...

Christina-Mustang Island is by Corpus Christi.