Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Lives Published


My book is very basic. I could have put a picture on the front, but I didn't want to.

Excuse my fingers!

As you can see, there's different layouts to choose from.

Ever since Paige wrote about this website (blurb.com) she found that changes your blog into a book, I've been meaning to check it out. A couple of weeks ago I finally did. It's the coolest thing! I plan on making one for every year I have a blog. My 2007 book just arrived today & I've already read it cover to cover. It's so cute! I kept it pretty basic for my first time. Now that I got the hang of it, I know the next one will be even better. I love the idea of it. If you haven't looked into it, you should!

12 comments:

KT said...

I have heard about that before. But I haven't looked into it yet. Is it hard cover or soft? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to make?

Jami said...

I've never heard of it. It would be nice. That way your blog could really be your journal.

the tatsaks said...

Was it pretty easy to make and did it take very long? Clearly you need to put more information on this post and possibly a picture!!!

Jalei & Lane said...

You can get hard or soft cover. I chose hard cover. Mine cost around $35. I included my blog from June 07-Dec 07. So my 2008 book will be more expensive, but so worth it!

Regina said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it! Bring it up when you come in November. I have looked into it and I am so excited to make one too!!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

K post a picture dork. I want to make one. Was it time consuming??

Jalei & Lane said...

Marianne-It's not too time consuming. You're really just moving around what you've already written & your pictures. It's just like the books you made on Heritage Makers but not scrap-booky.

KT said...

Cool! It looks really nice. Thanks for the pictures!

Bexie Funk said...

that's really cool i'll have to look into that.

Kelley and Addison said...

how cool! i love it!
oh, i am on book three already! i started eclipse last night. you are right about new moon...not the most exciting, but i loved the end, of course!! man, i am addicted! there are so many teachers here who love them too!!! i can't wait for the movie!

Debbie said...

what an awesome website and idea!!! i hadn't heard about it before, thanks for sharing!! im looking forward to making my own sometime! :)

Paige said...

SWEET! I am so glad you did it and liked it. I will probably make one at the end of december for 08 and do it every year just like you!