Friday, February 10, 2012

Love is in the air

I have been crazy busy crafting lately. I realized I had no Valentine's Day decoration, so I needed to whip something up. I just finished everything today...4 days before Valentine's Day. Ha! At least I can keep them up the rest of the month. Anyway, I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I went the way of felt. I love felt. It's so easy to work with and it's cheap. I'm very pleased with the way everything turned out. All decoration ideas came from Pinterest of course!
 Wreath and Heart Garland
 Here's a closer look at the wreath. This was very easy to make, but also very time consuming.
I wanted Elliot to do at least 1 Valentine's craft, so she helped me with the wax paper crayon hearts.
 And these cute envelopes are for the kids to get "love" letters in every day. I put them on the backs of their chairs.
I still would like to have more decorations for this holiday. Even Lane admitted we should do more. But this will have to do for this year because I'm spent. I'll add to the collection next year.

11 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

those are adorable! I love the wreath! i never craft anymore b/c the closest joann's is 30 min away.

Jami said...

The envelopes came out well. I was wanting to do them for the girls, but they are only doing bags this year.

Carrie said...

Love the envelopes...too cute!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Wow! I love all of these. That wreath looks amazing, but you're right. Looks like it took lots of time. LOVE the envelopes.

Regina said...

The wreath turned out great! Actually everything did! Love it all!

Laura said...

I love Valentines decorations and crafts! Those are so cute. That wreath is awesome!!! And I love the love letter idea!

Brenda said...

Hey Jalei the decor turned out darling! Good job on the envelopes! Happy Valentine's Day! Love to all . . .

Lindsey said...

Love everything!!

Brenden said...

Adorable! I pinned several cute things for Vday but didn't do a single one. Maybe next year...

Jocelyn said...

So cute... I love all the craftiness! I heart Pinterest, but I very rarely ever do anything with the great stuff I pin. I really need to change that and actually start implementing some ideas!

Diane said...

I have another friend who made that same wreath. I love it! I've been way into felt recently. You can get basically any color on etsy. Love that place.